“Kingdom Messengers” Theology Explained Specifically / Theology – Apostolic Governmental Foundations for Ministry
- We believe in one God, manifesting Himself towards His creation as the Father, the Son and His Holy Spirit.
Special Note: All who teach that the Godhead is one and not three, do not teach all things in common.
- As the Father (in creation) (Duet 6:4-5; Is 43:10-11; I Kings 8:60)
- In the Son (within His redemptive purpose towards His Creation (Is 9:6-7; Matt 1:23; Eph 4:4; Col 1:14-22; I Tim 3:16; Rev 1:8)
- And through the Holy Spirit (the indwelling Spirit of the Father) (John 14:16-18; John 14:23; John 15:26)
Example: Some give different requirements for initial salvation.Please do yourself a favor – and don’t assume that because I am not of the Trinitarian belief concerning the Godhead and do believe and teach that God is one and not three separate individual gods, that I also teach all things in common with other ministries who also teach the oneness of God in Jesus.Concerning Matt. 28:18-20, this scripture (whether valid or not) was not added as part of Holy Scripture until the third church century. When it was added by the cannon translators, who felt that the scripture which it replaced needed clarification (as noted in the catholic encyclopedia of religion).
Notice: This is the only scripture in the Bible that uses the phrase “Father, Son and Holy Spirit”.
The proponents of the Trinitarian doctrine tells us that though this is the only time the phrase ‘Father, Son and Holy Spirit’ is written – The Trinity is implied throughout both the Old and New Covenant. Their premier example is:
32 And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.
33 And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.
34 And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.
Notice : God is talking to someone who could hear His voice about His Son. It’s clear here within this textual setting, that God isn’t talking to His Son – but about His Son.
We know that Jesus was indeed present being baptized by John. However the Spirit (which is invisible) descending like a dove, and the voice of the Father, was only seen and heard by John.
John the prophet, was seeing a vision of God by God (not a third person of the Trinity) and hearing the words from God that said ‘This is my Beloved Son, in whom I’m well pleased’ to let John know that this is the one whom John was to anoint as the coming Messiah.
Part of God’s commission to John was to anoint the coming Messiah – who he was to transfer the office of the High Priest of the Aaronic Priesthood that represented the Levitical Priesthood of the House of Moses concerning the Old Testament law – upon and unto the Messiah who would not be in the lineage of Levi – but in the lineage of Judah as was prophesied in Genesis 49:10 who would be the High Priest of the New Covenant and of the new Melchizedek Priesthood order.
10 The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.
John, the prophet – represented the Levitical Priesthood being the son of Zacharias the priest – who served in the temple as one of the 24 ranking priesthood members who burned the holy incense upon the Golden Alter of Incense before the veil of the Most Holy Place within the Temple.
The priesthood within the temple had become corrupted (as stated in the book of Malachi) – so God took one of the lineage (John, the prophet) of the priesthood and called him – so that His Word could be fulfilled.
While God was preparing this priest for His divine call to be that prophet to anoint the coming Messiah and messenger of the promised New Covenant out in the wilderness / outside of the realm of the city of Jerusalem that had fallen into idolatry and religious adulteries.
There in the wilderness of separation God would speak to the last of the Old Covenant prophets saying, This is how you will know the man that you are to anoint and past the mantle of prophet and priesthood to.
When you baptize him John, you will see a vision of My Spirit descending upon Him, in the form of a dove – as a sign to the nation being reconciled back to Me.
In that Spirit descending – your ministry will be completed as record in Isaiah 40:2.
The dove was a sign of God’s peace calling back the nation of Judah through the ministry of Messiah.
2 Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the LORD’S hand double for all her sins.
Nobody else saw the vision nor heard the voice of God the Father.
To teach that these verse of scripture pinpoint the Trinity, is not only taking extreme liberty with these Holy verse of scripture, it is also very poor hermeneutics not obeying the laws of interpretations.
The hermeneutical laws – complete – comparative – covenantal – progressive – dispensational – symbolic – typical – allegorical and prophetic, just to name some, are sided over when you reach this undisciplined form of interpretating these two verses of Holy Scripture trying to find a loophole within scriptures to support the Trinity view.
The importance of this statement is being that throughout Holy Scripture starting back in Deuteronomy even unto the epistles of the Apostle Paul. The scriptures teaches us that it is by the mouth of two or three separate witnesses that any Biblical truth or truth in question is established. In fact God’s three greatest spokesmen quoted this first principal of hermeneutical truth:
It’s one thing to say that you believe in the on-going ministry of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. I certainly emphatically do believe in the ministry of the Holy Spirit within the lives of every believer and the work of the Holy Spirit as the manifestation of God / Jesus within the earth and universe. But if one desires to use this verse of scripture to try to prove their doctrine of the trinity (which is the belief that God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are three separate individual gods all by themselves which are said to be co-eternal and co-equal with each other and has been since before the foundations of the world) then that is hermeneutically, biblically unsound in it’s approach to establishing doctrine.
- Moses – Duet 19:15
15 One witness shall not rise up against a man for any iniquity, or for any sin, in any sin that he sinneth: at the mouth of two witnesses, or at the mouth of three witnesses, shall the matter be established.
- Jesus – Matt 18:16
16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
- Paul – II Cor 13:1
1 This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.
For the sincere student of Holy Scripture to see the absolute truth of the oneness of God within His Godhead one need only to study what Jesus taught to His disciples on the night He was betrayed.
Jesus spent three chapters in Holy Scripture teaching on the coming ministry of the Comforter / Holy Spirit which He identified as the Spirit of His Father and the Spirit that lived inside of Himself. (John chapters 14, 15 & 16).
Look dear saints, you are not cheating God nor His Holy Scriptures by ascribing all glory and honor to Jesus because that’s what God our Father did.This is talking about Jesus. If you want to receive revelation concerning the Godhead then study this book of Colossians which is the premier book of the Bible that deals with the Godhead in creation.
As to whether one should ascribe Matt 28:18-20 in it’s now contextual form, one might consider these important historical facts concerning this verse of scripture.
First, there is no mention of this grouping of the titles of the Godhead (Father – Son – Holy Spirit) within any other place in Holy Scripture (to the serious Bible student this should awaken you to “something here doesn’t sound right”).
I’m not saying that if there’s only one verse of scripture saying any particular thought or wording that it can’t be consider as being God inspired (breathed).
But what I am saying is that sound doctrinal hermeneutics never considers any verse of Scripture that has only one witness as a lawful doctrine within God’s Holy Church.
Secondly, In 325 AD, at the Nicene Council when Constantine, emperor of western Europe, was attempting to join eastern Europe within his realm of rule. He knew that he must unify all religious sects of Christianity if he was to be successful, calling together all the best known and educated Bishops of that time. He decreed that the canon of scripture must be formulated. The main issue was whether or not to establish the new formed thought of the ‘Trinity’ as the foundational doctrine of Christianity. Even though the Doctrine of the Trinity was not adopted there at Nicea – But rather during the reign of Emperor Theodious I when he made the Trinity doctrine the legal religious view of the empire at the second ecumenical council held at Constantinople in 381 AD.
This developmental foundation did start at Nicea 325 AD – when the doctrinal formula of Christian baptism was changed from “In the name of Jesus Christ“ to that of “In the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost.“
This scripture’s original textual context read before hand like this:Note: The word “them” is italicized because it is not absolutely certain whether this word “them” was in the original contextual content.One might consider that if Jesus was in His final benediction to His apostles ascribing to them authority as God’s ambassadors with all of heaven empowering them why did he not say ‘Lo, the Father, the Holy Spirit and myself are always with you even until the end of the world (the end of human history)’ why did he just mention himself.
This last phrase ‘I am with you always’ contextually conflicts with the mentioning of ‘Father, Son and Holy Spirit’, unless when Jesus said “I” He was doing so with the understanding of the oneness of the Godhead and that the Father, which is spirit (which the Holy Scriptures calls the Holy Spirit) was indeed the spirit that lived inside of Him.The important issues that divided the 325 AD Nicene Council of Bishops were two major identity concerns. Everything came down to these two fundamental questions:
The Trinitarian concept was created so that religious men could have peace with the other religions around them. Constantine absolutely needed to unify all religions together in Europe to ensure his goal of a one – world Europe concept, especially after he called an end to the persecution of the Christian Church.
- The body of Jesus was it divine or human? One of the major questions was that if Jesus body was human, then did He possess a soul like the rest of humanity. This might be easy for us today, but if we were living back there during their day what we believe concerning the body of Jesus, we too would be called a heretic in the line of the Nicene Council.
But back 2000 years ago especially for those apostle who ate, slept and watch Jesus within His daily routine it wasn’t that easy to explain especially after the transfiguration and the resurrection.
- Who died on the cross? – Was it the Father or His Son, Jesus? This was the great theological debate, since God can not die and still be God, then Jesus had to be the one who died upon the cross.
I think someone probably asked the question that I would have wanted to ask.
If the theories of the trinity that we are seeking to embrace confers that Jesus the Son of God is and has always been co-eternal and co-equal to the Father and the Holy Spirit. If Jesus is thusly so would not His dying upon the tree still mean that God died for humanity that day. And if this be the case then does God also have a soul? And if so, then who gave it to Him?
Many bright, intelligent, sincere and devout theologians of our own day are still undecided about this subject matter.
I’ll tell you the great mystery that is messing up everybody’s philosophical thinking minds. What God actually did is what He did back in Genesis 1. He took part of Himself and took part of man, hovered over the womb of sister / mother Mary and said “Behold, My greatest creation, My third Adam, My second resurrection / made alive again man, My new creation man”.
It’s real easy church – God the Father our one and only God is Spirit, He is omnipresent (He is everywhere present) and encompasses all things
God is not a spirit – the King James translated this phrase inaccurately.
To be a spirit – binds one to time and space. One can not be omnipresent in that case. The accurate way to describe God here within this subject matter is to say that God is Spirit. (The actual Hebrew reading says “God is a Spirit being” – meaning God is of the spirit realm.)
Jesus – the eternal Word (not Jesus the eternal son) is God’s brain with a mouth.
Jesus – the eternal Word – is the voice of God the Father.
The Holy Spirit – is the Spirit of the Father that moves upon / within God’s creation.
The doctrine of the Trinity was conceived so that all religious heads (Bishops) could find compromise within their own religious teachings.
Unity is pleasant says God’s Word – but never at the cost of Divine Truth or the spilling of innocent blood.
All those who refused to accept the new Godhead theory in the place of the ‘oneness’ of the Godhead that had been established truth within God’s people for four thousand years was either excommunicated from the church of Europe or they were murdered as heretics of the Christian faith.Ex 20:3, 5-6
3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
(Notice Please: That God is (in the perfect – present tense) was separating Himself from the concept of any gods in the plural tense – which the heathen world back in the Old Testament time, as well as in New Testament time and even now describe this theory of multiple gods – as the belief of polytheism.
Polytheism – is made up of two words ‘poly’, meaning many, and ‘Theos’, meaning God.
Mostly all ancient heathen religions were polytheistic – every nation from Egypt – Assyria – Babylon and even the Greek and Romans and among them that part of the western church who has held to the belief of the Trinitarian concept. I could go on and on, but hopefully you are getting what I’m wanting you to see.
I do want the innocent and the unlearned to know the truth of who God is – and what He is not. Only in this way will you be able to properly be able to see the deeper truths which are seen in the foundations of the doctrines of the resurrection from the dead, eternal judgments and perfection.
So if it doesn’t matter then why did God make this His first Commandment to the nation through which He would establish as the first fruits of His body of believers within the earth. And why was this first commandment that God gave the premier foundation for the nation of Israel for four thousand years.
Do you think that it matters to God that one hundred thousand souls were killed during the 900 year reign of the Catholic Church in the name of purifying God’s church of all heretics? With this subject matter of the ‘Trinity’ being at the forefront of all the unjust / unrighteous killings.The first Apostles were not in darkness about the face of GodI Tim 3:16
16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.The greatest proof that the Bible gives – against the Trinitarian concept, is the absolute truth that the name Jesus – is a post ascension attributic name of God, and not a name given in eternities past.
The name Jesus means – Jehovah our Saviour / Deliverer.
It’s meaning stands for all that resides within the fulness of the complete redemptiveness of the fallen humankind creation of God.
It also carries within that name the attributes of the idea of God’s inheritance – conquests – bestowal – of throne authority and divine possession as God’s mirrored-image Son with complete autonomy over God’s universal creation of heaven, earth and all creatures.
The formatters of the Trinitarian concept – wants us to believe that before the foundation of our universe and of all things created by God, that Jesus, the Son of God, was begotten – and that it was at this time that Jesus was given the possession and His name of preeminence within heaven and earth.
But the Bible says, – that the name of Jesus was bestowed upon Jesus – son of man and that His authority as the Son of God, as an equal place of deity was bestowed upon him because of His conquest over the cross and becoming the mediator of the finished work that God started on day one of the Genesis creation and was established in the ascension of Jesus unto God’s throne in the eternities.
The Bible says that in these terms:
7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
This day have I begotten thee.
But when – was Jesus begotten of the Father – not in the eternities past as the Trinitarian belief teaches.
These verse of scripture shows that Jesus was begotten of the Father when Jesus rose from the dead, conquered death and ascended to sit in His Father’s throne – as both Lord (Jehovah God) and Christ (The Holy Spirit anointer).
Essay: Is it theologically important to believe in the Oneness of God beyond it being foundational – established truth?
Why? Does it matter?
In all Holy Scriptural references that deals with the redemption and the recreation of the human kind. The consistent frame of reference is that in order for the deliverance and recreation and not the mere suppression of the sin nature within human kind. Two things must be used for that recreation process:
As long as men are dealing with spiritual concepts within their religious systems, then what men believe in relation to the Trinitarian concept will more than likely work for them.
- A flesh body that has as part of its molecular make-up within it – blood – that was not part of the fallen adamic race (namely it had to be the blood of God – which could only become manifest through an incarnation of God within earthen humankind). That could become the method of purification for the human race.
God the Father / the Holy Spirit is just that – spirit.
Only Jesus has a physical body with blood.
In our doctrinal point #2 I showed this truth – Jesus is the only valid doorway and entrance into the realm of Spirit (the Father).
- In order for there to be an active / literal Kingdom of God on earth then there must also be one within the citizenship that is anointed King from among the citizens, without a literal / physical king there can be no literal / physical Kingdom of God.
But when men begin to see into the deeper truths of the workings of the kingdom, with reference to the mysteries of the doctrines of resurrections, then only the truth of the Oneness of the Godhead will suffice.Selah – think on these things
* * * * * * *
God – The Father
Jesus – The Son
|The Creator||Gen 1:1; Gen 2:7; Job 33:4; Ps 33:6; Ps 104:30; Is 40:28; Is 44:24; Is 45:11-18; Mal 2:10||John 1:10; I Cor 8:6; Eph 3:9; Col 1:12-17; Heb 1:8-12; Rev 10:6; Rev 14:6-7; Rev 21:5-7; Rev 22:3; Rev 7:17|
The I Am and The I Am He
Ex 3:13, 14; Is 43:10, 11, 25;
John 18:5-8; Rev 1:17-18; John 8:24-28
First and Last
Is 41:4; Is 43:10, 11; Is 44:6, 8
Rev 1:17; Rev 22:13
Ps 47; Ps 44:4; Ps 74:12; Is 93:10-15; Is 44:6-8; Jer 10:10; Zech 14:9
Matt 2:1-6; Luke 19:32-36; Luke 23:3; John 18:37; John 19:21; I Tim 6:13-16; Rev 15:1-4; Rev 19:11-16
Redeemer and Saviour
Ps 79:34, 35; Is 47:4; Is 44:6; Is 43:3-11; Is 45:21; Is 99:26 Ps 106:21; Luke 1:46-47
I John 4:14; I Pet 2:21-24; Acts 20:28; Gal 3:13; Luke 24:21-29; Luke 2:10-11; John 4:40-42; Acts 12:23; Phil 3;20; I Tim 1:1-3; I Tim 4:10; Titus 1:1-4; Titus 2:10-13; I Pet 1:10, 11; Jude 25
Ps 23; Is 40:10, 11; Ps 100
John 10:8-12; I Pet 2:21-25; Heb 13:20; I Pet 5:4
|Is Coming||Zech 14:4, 5,; I Thess 4:13-18; Rev 19:11, 16; Ps 50:1-6||I Thess 3:111-13; Matt 25:31-46; Titus 2:11-13|
- What about you? – Do you know in whom you do believe?
- Heb 1:5
5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
- Heb 1:4
4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
- The Mystery of the Godhead – should not be a mystery, the new covenant has revealed this truth.
This revelation is not rocket science – a new disciple in Christianity should be able to clearly see this first foundational truth within the Church of Jesus.
First, God our heavenly Father is one – His first commandment back, four thousand years ago, gave His teaching on this subject matter. ‘I am the Lord thy God, and besides Me (the Father) there is no other. Thou shall not have other gods (plural) besides Me.’
Second, God is omnipresent spirit (one spirit / not three spirits).
Third, The eternal Word – is the mind – will – works of God the Father (and not the eternal separate god – called the Son of God). Jesus is called the Son of God – simply because He lived out in flesh what God the Father would have done, if He would have had a body – plus the fact, that God’s Spirit – will – mind lived in Jesus.
Jesus Himself told His disciples and the followers, who listen to Him teach and watched Him do miracles, ‘That I do nothing of Myself, (meaning His own deity) but the Father who lives in Me, He does the works that you are seeing and hearing.’
Fourth, The Holy Spirit – is not another spirit separate from God the Father.
The Holy Spirit is an attributic name of God given by Jesus in the New Covenant to express the thought of the arrival of the New Covenant that was revealed by the prophets of the Old Testament times.
The prophet Isaiah spoke about it.
The prophet Jeremiah (Jer 31:31-34) spoke about it.
The prophet Ezekiel ( Eze 36 & 37) spoke about it.
The Holy Spirit was a attributic expression that Jesus used to reveal that the Father would now through the arrival of this final covenantal purpose live within the hearts of His new creation man.
The name Jesus – is a New Testament / New Covenant name of one of God’s attributic names – that means the salvation / redemptive Covenant of God has come to man.
All of the previous covenants – where covenants of partial revelations from God concerning His redemptive process to bring redemption, restoration and finally glorification unto His unfinished work of His humankind species.
The New Covenant brought with it – the spirit of grace from God that would finally empower His creation to be able to become sons, in the place of creations, and servants, as in the previous covenants.
It was the New Covenant and the finished work of it’s mediator (Jesus) that would allow God’s creation to without any reservation love and trust God as their loving Father.
Fifth, John 1:14 says ‘And the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us.’
When it says that the ‘Word was made flesh’ – it is attempting to say that the eternal Word – was metamorphose into the form of flesh – making the body of the baby Jesus within the womb of Sister / Mother Mary – deity that could be seen and touched.
When Jesus died on the cross – the sin / adamic nature of man was placed on the essence (body & being / soul) of the God / man that was hanging there on the tree.
When the body of Jesus died – the being / soul of Jesus went down into the regions of the dead, to make it possible for the redemption of God’s human species / humankind.
When Jesus said – ‘Unto You do I commit My Spirit’ (that Spirit was God – deity that lived inside of Jesus’ body and not a separate spirit of mankind) And that Spirit went back into God’s essence in the heavenlies, and not down into hell.
The Spirit of God the Father was living in Jesus up until the very moment of His dying – then left His body.
Church – don’t make God – impossible to see.
God is one – He created a body (we call that body Jesus) so that His creation could see and handle Him (God, the Father)
God lived in that body as well as every New Creation Christian, which is the Spirit of the Father that lives in us, which we call the Holy Spirit.
It’s no mystery – it’s simple – it’s the truth – and every Christian knows it’s the truth – except for all the theologians who want to try, to keep their Pharesetical order that Jesus condemned within His ministry among them – alive.
Church – have hope – because Jesus has replace their Pharesetical Priesthood order – with His new Melchizedek Priesthood order.
- John 1:1-5, 14
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
- Many say – ‘it’s a new day’ – It really doesn’t matter what one believes on this subject, besides it really doesn’t matter to God.
‘Oh, Really – Did you ever check out the first commandment’
- Matt 28:18-20 – And Jesus came and spake unto them saying, ‘All power is given unto Me in Heaven and in Earth, go ye therefore and teach all nations baptizing them in My Name teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you. And lo I am with you always even unto the end of the world. Amen.’
- Upon doing so, the Bishops added the phrase ‘Father, Son and Holy Spirit’ to this verse of scripture in Matt 28:18-20 some 300 years after this verse was first penned by the Apostle Matthew.
One of our strongest evidences of proof for this spiritual indictment is because it is noted in the Catholic Encyclopedia of Religion, which is the Catholic churches historical documents. And it is the Catholic Church that was formulated by like-minded Bishops who gathered at these doctrinal councils.
- Col 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;
- Matt 3:16-17
16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
- I have taken much time in placing on written paper on this Theology page what I do believe, so please read – and don’t just assume.
- Point #2 (below) tells what I believe concerning the requirement for the first fruits of being born again, initial salvation.
- There is only one God – Who reveals Himself to humanity:
- We believe in the creation and subsequent fall of man, with the result that he, without God, is in a state of spiritual depravity, unable to attain to divine righteousness by means of his own wisdom and strength. Unregenerate man, with a beast nature, needs a savior. (Gen 1-3; Rom 3:23; 5:12-19; 6:23; 8:20-21; Gal 5:19-21; Eph 2:1-3).
The Lord Jesus Christ, we emphatically believe to be the only savior of all men, conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, very (fully) God and very man–yet without the sin nature of Adam. Jesus died for our sins, was buried and rose again according to the scriptures. He personally appeared in his new body to his disciples (which was a glorified body – the third in the line of three bodies given unto humankind), then ascending to his seat at the right hand of the Majesty in the heavens. Jesus’ finished work (his death, burial, resurrection and ascension) reversed the curse concerning the soul and body of the first man Adam. He is the only way to the Father, the only valid door and entry into the realm of spirit. (Gen 3:15; Ps 132:11; Matt 1:18-25; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; I Cor 15:3-8; Gal 3:13-14; I Tim 3:16; Heb 4:14-16; 8:1-6; 10:12-13) .
This initial salvation of the new Adamic man or the second Adam man and not the renewed first Adamic man is by grace through faith in the perfect and all-sufficient finished work of Jesus Christ. The grounds of this justification by faith is the blood of Jesus, the Lamb of God . (John 1:29; 3:1-8; 17:4; 19:30; Acts 13:38-39; Rom 5:1-2; Eph 2:8-9; Rev 13:8).
* * * * * * *
- We believe that this conversion experience is to be followed with water baptism by immersion in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. The old man is put to death and the new creation man arises to walk in newness of life. Blood, water (baptism) and spirit constitute the three witnesses that initiate the new covenant.
There is no controversy concerning the spiritual mode for baptism in water. The following verses of Holy Scripture records every baptism within the Book of Acts. (Mark 16:16; Acts 2:38; Rom 6:3-8; Col 2:11-13; I John 5:8).
- Acts 2:37-41 – A mixture of Jews, House of Judah and Gentile, House of Israel.
- Acts 8:12-16 – Samaritans who were of the House of Israel and who were divided from the House of Judah in I Kings 12.
- Acts 8:35-39 – Ethiopian Eunuch, a Gentile believer.
- Acts 9:17-18 – Saul of Tarsus of the House of Judah.
- Acts 10:44-48 – Cornelius, the Roman centurion and his household, all Gentiles.
- Acts 16:13-15 – Macedonia woman, Lydia and household, Gentiles.
- Acts 16:25-33 – Macedonia jailer and household, Gentiles.
- Acts 18:7-11 – Corinthian synagogue chief ruler Crispus and household, House of Judah.
- Acts 19:1-7 – Ephesus believers, 12 men plus others, Gentiles. Re-baptized from John’s baptism to Christ’s baptism.
All nine examples of Christian water baptism was in the name of the “Lord Jesus Christ”, “Jesus”, or “Jesus Christ”. None of these baptism were ever performed with the title of “Father, Son and Holy Ghost”. The baptismal mode of “Father, Son and Holy Ghost” was never applied in Christian baptism until the third church century (as stated in the Encyclopedia Britannica Eleventh Edition).
3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
The Apostle Paul teaches here that we were baptized into Jesus Christ and into His death, burial and resurrection (these verses of scripture reveals the finished work of Christ in His death, burial, resurrection and ascension as well as the spiritual mode for the baptism in water).
I would like to ask these questions:
Who die for your redemption? – Was it Jesus? or Was it the Father or the Holy Spirit?
Who was buried for you? (Who went down into the regions of the dead and left the sin nature of the Adamic man that was placed upon His body and being / soul, there with Satan?) – Was that the Father? Was that the Holy Spirit? or Was it Jesus?
Who was resurrected from the dead? – Was it Jesus, the Father or the Holy Spirit?
Whoever it was – then that’s who’s name your are to be baptized in water into.
Because baptism in water is representative of the death, burial and resurrection of the one who died on the cross.
If you can figure this out, then there should not be any controversy concerning baptism in water.
Attention Please: I’ve given you here the mode of baptism that the Holy Scripture teaches to be the only scriptural baptismal mode in the Christian faith.
Any other baptismal mode is by the traditions of religious systems.
However – I do not teach that if a believer in Jesus believes in another mode of baptism that I should hold them as being inferior to myself. If they hold to another form of baptism they and they alone must answer to God for their truth or lack of it.
Please don’t allow any strife into your being because someone doesn’t baptize in Jesus name, though it be the only mode that Holy Scripture honors.
To do so is devilish and puts one within the category that God hates / He that soweth discord among the brethren.
16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
* * * * * * *
- Special Note: There are five – Sign / Prophecies as to the timing of the promised New Covenant:
God’s First New Covenant Sign“…An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it sign of the prophet Jonas…” (Matt 12:39)The Pharisees had asked Jesus for a sign – for proof – that He was Messiah. He gave them the sign of Jonah, telling them that He would remain in His grave (“in the heart of the earth”) for precisely three days and three nights. If He failed to fulfill this sign, He would NOT be the True Messiah (Duet 18:18-22). Did He fulfill it? Does the traditional view on Christ’s death and resurrection agree with this sign
- 1st Sign – Is the resurrection and ascension of Jesus to God’s throne.
- 2nd Sign – Is the New Covenant communion meal.
- 3rd Sign – The promised Holy Spirit upon believers.
- 4th Sign – The destruction of Jerusalem and her Temple in 70 AD.
- 5th Sign – The reconstruction of the Church of Jesus Christ (made up of Jewish and Gentile believers) in Asia Minor – Modern day Turkey (the 7 churches of Revelation) after the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD.
Traditional View of Christ’s Death and Resurrection
Let us now examine the scripture which concern the length of time in which Jesus was in the tomb.Mark 14:58 “We heard him say I will destroy this temple that is made with hands, and within three day I will build another made without hands.”Matt 26:61 “And said, This fellow said, I am able to destroy the temple of God, and to build it in three days.“Mark 15:29 “And they that passed by railed on him, wagging their heads, and saying, Ah, thou that destroyest the temple, and buildest it in three days.“Jesus to be raised THE THIRD DAY:Matt 17:23 “And they shall kill him, and the third day he shall be raised again. And they were exceeding sorry.”Mark 9:31 “For he taught his disciples, and said unto them, The Son of man is delivered into the hands of men, and they shall kill him; and after he is killed, he shall rise again the third day.“Luke 9:22 “Saying, The Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be slain, and be raised third.“Luke 24:7 “Saying, The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.“Acts 10:40 Him God raised up the third day, and shewed him openly.”Jesus to be raised AFTER THREE DAYS:Matt 8:31 “And he began to teach them, that the Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders, and of the chief priests, and scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again.”If He was raised within three days, that would mean He had to be raised within 72 hours of His burial. If He was raised in three days, that would mean that He was raised in a time period of no sooner than 48 hours after His burial to no later than 72 hours after burial. If was raised the third day, that would show, once again, that He was raised in a time period of no sooner than 48 hours from His burial to no sooner that 72 hours after burial. If He was raised after three days, that would mean that He was raised no sooner than 72 hours after his burialNow let’s read the Gospel accounts in a abbreviated harmonized form:47 Some of them that stood there, when they heard that, said, This man calleth for Elijah.John 19:30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, He said, It is finished: and bowed His head, and gave up the spiritMark 15:42 And now when the even was come, because it was the preparation [Passover–Nisan 14], that is, the day before the [(in this case) “annual”] sabbath,44 And Pilate marvelled if he were already dead: and calling unto him the centurion, he asked him whether he had been any while dead.46 And he bought fine linen, and took him down, and wrapped him in the linen, and laid him in a sepulchre which was hewn out of a rock, and rolled a stone unto the door of the sepulchre.Mark 16:1 And when the [First Day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread, an annual] sabbath [,] was past, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and salome, had brought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint Him [(see John 19:31–the day after Jesus’ death was a “high day” Sabbath)]Luke 24:1 Now upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them.Mark 16:5 And entering into the sepulchre, they saw a young man sitting on the right side, clothed in a long white garment; and they were affrighted.Notice: Mark 16:1 records that the women brought spices WHEN THE SABBATH WAS PAST and Luke 23:56 records that they prepared the spice and THEN RESTED THE SABBATH DAY. There is NO WAY that both are speaking of the SAME Sabbath. (How could they prepare spices that they had not even bought?). Fact is, there were TWO Sabbaths in the week Jesus died–The First Day of Unleavened Bread [which was an ANNUAL SABBATH–Lev 23:7 (called a “high day Sabbath” in John 19:31)] and the weekly Sabbath (Friday sunset-Saturday sunset). The High Day was the 15th day of Nisan–which is the day after Passover (Passover being the 14th day of Nisan–on which, Jesus died). Passover is therefore the preparation day spoken of–for it is the day of preparation for the First Day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread.
Scriptural View of Christ’s Death and Resurrection (30 AD)Christ died at 3 pm on the 14th of Nisan (Passover–the preparation for the Feast day)The women beheld where He was laid and rested the annual Sabbath (Luke 23:55 / Mark 16:1)They prepared their spices and then rested the WEEKLY Sabbath according to the commandment (Luke 23:56)ON the first of the week, before dawn, they came to anoint Him, but He was ALREADY risen–they found the tomb empty.
- In the year Jesus died (30 AD), the Passover (Nisan 14) fell on the 4th day of the week — corresponding to Tuesday sunset thru Wednesday sunset–April 5th, that year. He died on Wednesday at 3 pm and was buried by sunset. He remained n the tomb through the “high day” – Nisan 15 (1st night, 1st day), the weekly preparation day – Nisan 16 (2nd night, 2nd day), and rose just prior to sunset on the weekly Sabbath – Nisan 17 (3rd night, 3rd day). He was entombed EXACTLY 72 HOURS–from just prior to sunset Wednesday through just prior to sunset Saturday.
- Jesus arose EXACTLY 72 HOURS AFTER BURIAL (Matt 12:40) as the Sabbath was coming to a close at sunset.
- The women bought spices after the High Day Sabbath (Mark 16:1–John 19:31 shows “high day”)
- His body was taken down from the stake and He was entombed just as the day was ending (just before the annual Sabbath started at sunset)
|Hebrew Day||Nisan 14 – Passover (Preparation Day for the High Sabbath)||Nisan 15 – High Sabbath (1st Day of Feast of Unleavened Bread)||Nisan 16 – Preparation for Weekly 7th Day Sabbath||Nisan 17 – Weekly Sabbath||Nisan 18 – 1st Day of the Week|
Tuesday sunset – Wednesday Sunset (eve of April 4th / day of 5th
Wednesday sunset – Thursday sunset (eve of April 5th / day of 6th)
|Thursday sunset – Friday sunset (eve of April 6th / day of 7th)||Friday sunset – Saturday sunset (eve of April 7th / day of 8th)||Saturday sunset – Sunday sunset (eve of April 8th / day of 9th)|
ATE PASSOVER – Tuesday night. CRUCIFIED 9 AM – Wednesday. DIED 3 PM – Wednesday. Christ ENTOMBED and TOMB SEALED at SUNSET Wednesday
After Observing Where He Lay (just prior to sunset Wednesday), Women Returned Home and Rested on the High Sabbath (Luke 23:55 / Mark 16:1)
Women Buy Spices (Mark 16:1). They Prepare Spices and Ointments (Luke 23:56)
|After Preparing Spices, Women Rest on the Weekly Sabbath Day (Luke 23:56) CHRIST RESURRECTED at the Sunset Ending the Weekly Sabbath||Women Come to Tomb Before Sunrise – it is Empty. Christ Appears to Mary M. and Then to Others. Christ Ascends to Father|
Nights and Days in Tomb
Christ ENTOMBED and Tomb Sealed at Sunset Wednesday
1st Night in Tomb – Wed. Night / 1st Day – Thurs. Day
2nd Night in Tomb – Thurs. Night / 2nd Day – Fri. Day
3rd Night in Tomb – Fri. Night / 3rd Day – Sat. Day
Stone Rolled Away & Tomb Empty
- 6 And he said unto them, Be not affrighted: Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which, was crucified: He is risen; He is not here: behold the place where they laid Him.
- 2 And they found the stone rolled away from the sepulchre…
- Luke 23:56 And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the [weekly] sabbath day according to the commandment.
- Luke 23:55 And the women also [Mary Magdalene and Mary the mother of Joses], which came with him from Galilee, followed after,and beheld the sepulchre, and how his body was laid.
- 45 And when he knew it of the centurion, he gave the body Joseph.
- 43 Joseph of Arimathaea, an honourable counsellor, which also waited for the kingdom of God, came, and went in boldly unto Pilate, and craved the body of Jesus.
- 31 The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day, [First day of Feast of Unleavened Bread–Nisan 15])besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that might be taken away.
- 48 And straightway one of them ran, and took a spunge, and filled it with vinegar, and put it on a reed, and gave him to drink.
- Matt 27:46 And about the ninth hour [3 pm] Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachuthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
- The only time period of which all of these texts agree upon is EXACTLY 72 hours – no sooner, no later. this also agrees with Matthew 12:40, “three days AND three nights”. Jesus stated in John 11:9, 10, “Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world. But if a man walk in the night, he stumbleth, because there is no light in him.” Jesus had said that there are 12 hours of light in a day, and compared the time of light with that of darkness. So He agreed with the fact that there are 24 hours in each day, and therefore, that three days and three night consist of 72 hours.
- Now, was He raised withinthree days, in three days, the third or after three days? Can ALL of these texts be reconciled with one another? Is the Bible in disagreement with itself? Let us see.
- Matt 27:63 “Saying, Sir, we remember that deceiver said, while he was yet alive, After three days I will rise again.“
- I Cor 15:4 “And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:”
- Luke 24:46 “And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day.“
- Luke 18:33 “And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall riseagain.”
- Mark 10:34 “And they shall mock him, and shall scourge him, and shall spit upon him, and shall kill him: and the third day he shall rise again.“
- Matt 20:19 “And shall deliver him to the Gentiles to mock, and to scourge, and to crucify him: and the third day he shall rise again.”
- Matt 16:21 “From the time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priest and scribes, and be killed , and be raised again the third day.“
- John 2:19, 20 “Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, in three days I will raise it up. Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?“
- Matt 27:40 “And saying, Thou that destoryest the temple, and buildest it in three days save thyself. If thou be the Son of God, come down from the cross.”
- Jesus to be raised IN THREE DAYS:
- Jesus to be raised WITHIN THREE DAYS:
|Passover (Preparation day) – Nisan 14||High Sabbath Nisan 15 (fell on weekly Sabbath)||First Day of the Week – Nisan 16|
Thursday sunset – Friday sunset
Friday sunset – Saturday sunset
|Saturday sunset – Sunday sunset|
ATE LAST SUPPER – Thursday night. CRUCIFIED 9 AM – Friday. DIED 3 PM – Friday
IN TOMB on the Sabbath
RESURRECTED at dawn Sunday
Nights and Days in Tomb
Entombed just prior to sunset Friday
Friday eve – 1st eve in tomb / Saturday day -1st day
Saturday eve – 2nd eve in tomb Resurrected after 2 nights and 1 day in tomb
- What was Jesus talking about here? What is the ‘sign of the prophet Jonah? And what is its significance? Jesus stated his explanation in verse 40: “For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the whale’s belly; so shall the Son of man (Jesus) be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.”
* * * * * * *
- God’s Second New Covenant Sign
We believe in observing often the ordinance of the Lord’s Supper. This Eucharist, the table of the Lord, is the ongoing celebration of the new covenant. (Matt 26:26-29; Luke 24:30-31,41-45; John 21:12-14; I Cor 10:16-17; 11:23-30).
Notice please that five of the six scriptures were after the ascension of our Lord Jesus. This subject matter of the Lord’s Table is much more deeper than many have looked into. The first century church observed the Lord’s Table both daily (observed personally and with other believers) and weekly (at church gatherings). Act 2:42 mentions the Lord’s Table as part of the Apostles’ doctrine, it is to be entered into with great joy, worship and triumphant victory and not in the spirit of gloom and inferiority sin complex.
The Lord’s table is just as much a part of the Apostles doctrine as is any of the other foundational doctrines as recorded in Heb 6:1-3.
Personal Note: I personally celebrate the new covenant meal daily and during our weekly service time. I teach my disciples / sons in ministry that by so doing they keep within their soul and mind continually the victorious finished work of Jesus. Plus, the theological truth that the new covenant meal initiated the new covenant while the ascension completed the new covenant.
When studying the Lord’s table it should be understood that the subject matter is about the death, burial, resurrection and ascension and not only our Lord’s death upon the cross. The new covenant meal that Jesus longed to have with His disciples, just prior to His passion at the Olivet Garden and beyond, is separate from the Jewish Passover meal that happened one day later. This new covenant meal of the coming new covenant was the second sign / prophecy which Jesus gave as to when the new covenant / kingdom would start. In all, there were five separate prophecies as to when the new covenant / reign of Messiah would start. This second sign / prophecy would be literally fulfilled 5 days later. The ongoing celebration of the Holy Communion Table of the Lord’s finished work at Calvary is in the recognition and celebration that this fulfilled prophecy of Christ’s coming kingdom is now a present reality. Every time that we celebrate the Lord’s Table you are testifying that our Messiah Jesus has come with His kingdom promise. This is why the Holy Communion meal is part of the Apostle’s doctrine and foundation of the new covenant church. It is to be celebrated and given the same importance as that of baptism in water or any of the other foundational doctrines of the Apostles (Heb 6:1-3).
42 And they continued steadfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.The new covenant meal that Jesus longed to celebrate with His disciples was on the preparation day of the Feast of Passover, which was on Nisan the 14th, our Tuesday sunset to Wednesday sunset. The Passover meal would have been on the following day (Wednesday sunset). The new covenant meal that Jesus had with His disciples was on Tuesday sunset. Jesus was crucified on the next day which was Wednesday from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. The confusion of Jesus being crucified on Friday is the failure to understand that during the feast days (Passover, Pentecost and Tabernacles) there are two separate weekly Sabbaths. The High Day Sabbath of the Feast Day (Passover) and the regular weekly Sabbath from sunset Friday to sunset Saturday were two separate Sabbaths. Jesus having the new covenant meal in His blood was to institute the new covenant just as the first Passover meal in Exodus 12 did for the old covenant church of Moses the evening prior to the Exodus.
This new covenant meal was not in celebration of the Feast of Passover that was about to end with Jesus’ death, resurrection and ascension. Jesus was instituting the new covenant and gave this second of five prophecies as to when it would begin.
The Second Sign / Prophecy
The Fulfillment of the Second Sign / Prophecy
- The First Fulfillment – Luke 24:30-35
30 And it came to pass, as he sat at meat with them, he took bread, and blessed it, and brake, and gave to them.
31 And their eyes were opened, and they knew him; and he vanished out of their sight.
32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?
33 And they rose up the same hour, and returned to Jerusalem, and found the eleven gathered together, and them that were with them,
34 Saying, The Lord is risen indeed, and hath appeared to Simon.
35 And they told what things were done in the way, and how he was known of them in breaking of bread.
In the light of these scriptures we can see why the first century apostles and believers insisted on centering their worship around the daily celebration of this new covenant meal. Some within the protestant church place very little value on keeping the Lord’s Table as a constant celebration of the establishment of the new covenant thinking that they are celebrating an old covenant Passover type that has been done away with in Christ.In these fulfilled scriptures Jesus said I won’t celebrate this supper with you again until the Kingdom of God has come.
- The Second Fulfillment – Luke 24:36-43
36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.
41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat
42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
43 And he took it, and did eat before them.
- The Third Fulfillment – John 21:12-13
12 Jesus saith unto them, Come and dine. And none of the disciples durst ask him, Who art thou? knowing that it was the Lord.
13 Jesus then cometh, and taketh bread, and giveth them, and fish likewise.
Within the next forty days Jesus fulfilled that prophecy at least 3 times, on 3 different occasion, and in 3 separate places.
* * * * * * *
- When you celebrate Holy Communion you do show that Christ’s Kingdom is come and that it is ever present now and not an event off in some appointed future. The more you celebrate it the more you are testifying that Jesus is Lord of all now.
- But this simply is not so, our Lord’s Table – Holy Communion – is in the celebration of the new covenant and the present reign of the Messiah Jesus.
- Matt 26:28-29
28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father’s kingdom.
24 And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many.
25 Verily I say unto you, I will drink no more of the fruit of the vine, until that day that I drink it new in the kingdom of God.
16 For I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof, until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God.
17 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves:
18 For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.
19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.
20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.
1 Now before the feast of the Passover, when Jesus knew that his hour was come that he should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end.
2 And supper being ended, the devil having now put into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon’s son, to betray him;
- I Cor 11:23-26
23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:
24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord’s death till he come.
- God’s Third New Covenant Sign
We believe that the Pentecostal experience of the Holy Ghost baptism is separate from and subsequent to conversion. God sends forth the Spirit of his Son into our hearts; this is Christ in and among all of us, the hope of glory. We believe that the initial evidence of this baptism to be the historical and experiential distinctive of speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance, or the spirit of prophecy, or one of the other manifestations / giftings of the Holy Spirit as recorded in I Cor 12:1-11. However, speaking with other tongues as well as any of the other eight giftings listed is not necessarily the evidence of a spirit-filled life. The fruit of a genuine Pentecost is the writing of the second unbroken tables given unto Moses by God – which represents the new covenant Gospel of Grace. (Mark 16:17; Acts 1:4-8; 2:1-4; 7:55-56; 8:14-17; 9:17; 10:44-46; 13:52; 19:6; Gal 3:14-15; 4:6; Eph 5:17-18; Col 1:27; Ex 19:1 with Lev 23:15-22) .
We believe that the gifts or manifestations of the Holy Spirit are the supernatural ministry of the Lord Jesus Christ, and that every member of the body of Christ should flow in several of them. New Testament ministry is the out flowing of the indwelling Christ . The church is called to a spiritual ministry of speaking, knowing and doing. These nine manifestations enable us to talk like God, think like God and do the works of God. (Mark 16:15-20; Acts 1:8; 4:7-10, 29-31; 5:12; 8:5-13; 10:38; Rom 12:4-8; I Cor 4:20; 12:1-31; 14:1-40; Heb 2:3-4; I Pet 4:10-11) .
We believe in the full restoration of the ascension-gift ministries that Jesus Christ sent to equip and mature the church: Teacher/Bishop, apostles, prophets, evangelists, and pastors. Their mission is to produce a perfect, full-grown, many-membered new creation man in the earth, the manifestation or unveiling of the nature and ministry of Jesus Christ in his brethren. (Rom 8:19-23; I Cor 13:8-13; Eph 2:20; 3:1-5; 4:11-16; Col 1:25-29).
PENTECOSTAL HISTORY“Praying” John Hyde, famed missionary to India, compared the 1800s to the ministry of John the Baptist, but predicted that the 1900s would be like the ministry of Jesus! New Year’s Eve of 1900 was that day of small beginnings for the Pentecostal Movement. CHARLES PARHAM, a Holiness preacher and the founder of the Bethel Bible College in Topeka, Kansas, had been asked by AGNES OZMAN, one of his students, to lay hands of her that she might receive the Holy Spirit after the pattern of the Book of Acts. Parham’s student body had already studied the great themes of Justification by Faith, Water Baptism, Divine Healing, and Sanctification, but were hungry for more! When Parham prayed for her, Agnes began to speak with OTHER TONGUES (Chinese) and continued to do for several days. In the following month, most of Parham’s student body of some 40 people, likewise “received” the Holy Ghost. The revival was on!October, 1903, at Galena, Kansas, saw a great leap forward in Parham’s new ministry when the Lord bore witness to His Word with several healings. By 1905, this new “Pentecostal or “Full Gospel” movement had sprung up across Kansas, Missouri, and Texas, One of these affected by Charles Parham was WILLIAM SEYMOUR, a black Holiness preacher, who later became the pastor of the well- known AZUSA STREET MISSION in Los Angeles. Under Seymour, on April 9, 1906, seven “seekers: received the Holy Ghost Baptism and spoke with other tongues. Meetings began, lasting all day and well into the early hours of the next morning, spontaneously filled with tongues-speaking, healings, shoutings, and dancing. Testimonies took the report and influence of Azusa across America and around the world. The power of Pentecost gave rise to many missionaries.
THE HOLY GHOST BAPTISM: BIBLICAL TERMINOLOGY
“But the COMFORTER, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you” (Jn. 14:26; compare Jn. 14:16; 15:26; 16:7, and I Jn. 2:1, where the same word is rendered “advocate”).Part of the misunderstanding in the Body of Christ concerning the Baptism of the Holy Ghost is that different terms are used to describe the same experience:”And, being assembled together with them, (Jesus) commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith He, ye have heard of (from) Me. For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be BAPTIZED with the Holy Ghost not many days hence’ (Acts 1:4-5).
- Wind is not seen but is definitely felt (Jn. 3:8).
- Wind is varied in its manifestations, from the gentle breeze to the tornado.
- Wind blows from the NORTH – He convicts us of our sin (Song 4:16).
- Wind blows from the SOUTH – He is the Comforter (Song 4:16).
- Wind blows from the EAST – He brings testing and discipline (Job 1:19).
- Wind blows from the WEST – he brings showers of blessing (Lk. 12:54).
The word “BAPTISM” is not found in the Old Testament. The Greek verb “BAPTIZO” (Strong’s #907), transliterated “BAPTIZE,” means, “to immerse, submerge; to make overwhelmed (fully wet).” Thayer’s adds, “to dip repeatedly, to immerse, to submerge (used of vessels sunk); to cleanse by dipping or submerging, to wash, to make clean with water, to wash oneself, to bathe.” “BAPTIZO” is derived from the Greek root verb “BAPTO” (Strong’s #911), which means, “to overwhelm, cover wholly with a fluid; (literally) to moisten (a part of one’s person), or to stain (as with dye)” (Lk. 16:24; Jn. 13:26; Rev. 19:13). In secular Greek, “BAPTO” meant “to dip; to dip into a dye; to draw water.” Thayer’s adds, “to dip, to dip in, to immerse; to dip into dye, to color.” Vine’s says that it means, “to immerse, dip” (from a root signifying “deep”).”In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were alt the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows (sluices) of heaven were opened” (Gen. 7:11).This complete submersion into the Holy Spirit is also pictured in Ezekiel 47:1- 12 and “waters to swim in” (cannot touch the bottom). This term BAPTISM s seen as well in the Pauline phrase “UNDER the (glory) cloud,” for the Church in the wilderness (typically speaking) received the Holy Ghost Baptism AFTER tasting the Passover Lamb (the blood), and after being baptized into Moses at the Red Sea (a figure of water baptism).”Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples, He said unto them, Have ye RECEIVED the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost” (Acts 19:1-2).
- The Holy Ghost BAPTISM (see also Mk. 1:8; Lk. 3:16; Jn. 1:33; Acts 11:16; 1 Cor. 12:13; Eph. 4:5; Heb. 6:2).
“RECEIVE” is the Greek word “LAMBANO” (Strong’s #2983), and it means, “(active) to take, to get or lay hold of; to make one’s own; to claim, to procure for oneself, to seize or apprehend, to gain or obtain; to receive what is offered; not to refuse or reject.” This is a passionate, intense word of active faith which takes hold of the promise of God. We must cooperate with the Lord.”And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will POUR OUT (bestow, distribute largely) of My Spirit upon all flesh. . .” (Acts 2:17 with Joel 2.28).
- RECEIVING the Holy Ghost (see also Acts 8:15-19: 10:47).
“FELL” is the Greek word “EPIPIPTO” (Strong’s #1968), and it means, “to embrace (with affection) or seize (with more or less violence); to fall upon, to rush or press upon; to lie upon one; to fall into one’s embrace; to seize, to take possession of; used of the Holy Spirit, in His inspiration and impulse.” This word is derived from “EPI” (upon) and “PIPTO” (to alight or fall; to descend from a higher place to a lower; to prostrate oneself.” in this baptism of love, the Lord Jesus embraces and takes hold of the believer as the believer takes hold of Him! Compare this with the thought of RAIN being POURED OUT or shed forth (as n Acts 2:17-18,33; 10:45; Rom. 5:5; Tit. 3;6).
- The Holy Ghost FELL (compare the same word in Acts 10:44; 11:15 with Mk. 3:10; Lk. 15:20; Acts 20:10,37).
“CAME is the Greek word “ERCHOMAI” (Strong’s #2064), is the middle voice (He fills us for Himself) of a primary verb which means, “to come or go; to come from one place to another, to arrive; to appear, make one’s appearance, to come before the public.” This verb stresses the act of coming. In the present participle it can mean, “the next (Acts 13:44). This word is similar to the thought of the Spirit FALLING upon the believer. He has been given. He is here. He has COME. Let us welcome His arrival!”Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is. And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be FILLED (ever filled and stimulated, The Amplified Bible) with the Spirit” (Eph. 5:17-18; note that verses 19-21 reveal three aspects of the Spirit-filled life-we are always singing, always thankful, and always submissive).
- The Holy Ghost CAME.
“FILLED” is the Greek word “PLETHO” (Strong’s #4130), and it means, “to fill up; to imbue, influence, supply.” It is also translated in the King James Version as “furnished” (Matt. 22:30) and “accomplished” (Lk. 1:23; 2:6,21-22). “PLETHO” is the root for “”PLERES” (replete, covered over, complete), translated as “FULL” in the KJV (Mk. 4:20; Lk. 4:1; Jn. 1:14; Acts 9:36; 2 Jn. 1:8). Note that “PLETHO” has a broader meaning than just a one-time experience. As we grow in grace, our hearts ENLARGE and our capacity for the Lord increases. There is a lifestyle that is led and governed by the Holy Spirit (Jn. 8:29; Rem. 8:14; Gal. 5:17). Thus the Greek tense of Ephesian 5:18 is to be CONTINUOUSLY filled. The Holy Ghost Baptism is not an END, but the means the end. This experience is the GATEWAY and BEGINNING of a walk or life in the Spirit. It is the “key of David” (Isa. 22:22; Rev. 3:7) that opens the heavens (the realm of praise).”in whom ye a/so trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise, Which is the EARNEST of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory” (Eph. 1.’ 13-14).
- FILLED with the Holy Ghost (see also Acts 4:8,31; 6:3-8; 7:55; 9:17; 11:24; 13:9 with Eph. 5:17-18). Compare the New Testament phrase “FILLED WITH” (as in Lk. 1:15,41,67; 2:40; Jn. 12:3; Acts 13:52; Rom. 15:14; 2 Car. 7:4; Eph. 3:19; Phil. 1:11; Col. 1:9; 2 Tim. 1:4; Rev. 15:8).
“FIRSTFRUITS” is the Greek word “APARCHE” (Strong’s #536), and it means, “a beginning of sacrifice; to offer firstlings or flrstfruits.” The English word is plural, but the Greek word is always singular (there is. “one Spirit,” as in 1 Cor. 12:13; Eph. 2:18; 4:4). Two Hebrew words are thus translated, one meaning the “chief” or principal part” (Num. 18:12; Pray. 3:9); the other, “the earliest ripe of the crop or of the tree” (Ex. 23:16; Neh. 10:35). The Holy Ghost Baptism in NOT THE FULLNESS of the Spirit (Jn. 3:34), but rather the FIRSTFRUITS.”For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people. To whom He said, This is the REST wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the REFRESHING: yet they would not hear” (Isa. 28:12).
- The FIRSTFRUITS or EARNEST of the Spirit (see also 2 Cor. 1:22; 5:5).
“REST” is the Hebrew ‘NUWACH” (Strong’s #5117), and it means, “to rest or settle down; to dwell, stay, let fall, give comfort; be quiet.” ‘To rest” sometimes indicates a complete envelopment and thus permeation (2 Kg. 2:15; Pray. 14:33; Isa. 25:10; compare Ex. 33:14; 1 Chron. 22:9; Pray. 29:17; Eze. 44:30). We are to be a home, an abode or mansion (Jn. 14:2,23), and a resting-place for the Holy Spirit. We are the TEMPLE (“naos”) of the Holy Ghost (as in Jn. 2:19-21; 1 Cor. 3:16-19; 2 Cor. 6:16; Eph. 2:21; 2 Thess. 2;4: Rev. 3:12; 11:1-2,19; 21:22).”If ye then, being evil, know how to give (bestow, grant, supply, furnish) good gifts (presents) unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask Him?” (Lk. 9:13).’And when He had said this, He breathed (to blow at or on, used in the LXX of Gen. 2:7) on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost” (Jn. 20:22). (KJV)”In whom ye also trusted, AFTER that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also AFTER that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise” (Eph. 1:13).’Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; And did all eat the same spiritual meat; And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ” (1 Cor. 10:1-4). WHAT ABOUT TONGUES (GLOSSALALIA)?Logically, there is a need for such an evidence. We know the certainty of our conversion; it follows that we can the know the certainty of the other two Feasts. However, while speaking with other tongues constitutes the “initial evidence” of heaving received the Holy Ghost Baptism, glossalalia is not necessarily the proof of one living a Spirit-filled life.The Spirit is invisible, but His effects can be SEEN and HEARD (see Jn. 3:8; Acts 2:33; 1 Cor. 2:4; 12:7). Moreover, it was predicted in the Old Testament (Isa. 28:11; 32:4) and by Jesus in the Great Commission that New Testament believes would supernaturally speak with OTHER TONGUES.”And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance” (Acts 2:4).”And when Simon SAW that through laying on of the apostles’ hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money, Saying. Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost. But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money. Thou hast neither part nor lot in this MATTER: (logos) for thy heart is not right in the sight of God” (Acts 8:18-21).”And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost” (Acts 9:17).Paul wrote (including Hebrews) 14 of the 27 books of the New Testament. Noting the evidence in his experience, again we see that the Bible does not state specifically here that the apostle spoke with other tongues. However, he makes his point clear in first letter to the Corinthians. In that same epistle, he rebuked those who would forbid the saints from speaking with tongues (1 Car. 14:39).The evidence in Cornelius’ household was powerful. They received the Holy Ghost in the same way was did the believers n Acts 2 (Acts 11;15). Also, the Greek preposition “GAR” (translated as “FOR”), a preposition of AFFIRMATION and CONCLUSION of a preceding statement, is translated as “BECAUSE.” How did Peter (the one given the keys to unlock the Gospel of the Kingdom) know that the Holy Ghost had been poured out upon this Gentile household? “BECAUSE they heard them speak with tongues.” Note these other uses of the word GAR (see Matt. 1:21; 5:4,11-12; 6:24; 7;7; Mk. 1:22).Finally, the evidence at Ephesus with these disciples of John reveals that they spoke with other tongues. Note that these newly-filled vessels also prophesied, so don’t complicate wants God wants for all His people.We will study DEVOTIONAL TONGUES (or the prayer language), as well as the GIFT OF TONGUES (as one of the nine manifestations of the Spirit set forth in 1 Car. 12:8-10) below and at the Golden Altar of Incense, but note here that there are THREE DISTINCT NEW TESTAMENT PURPOSES for glossalalia:
- God’s REST or REFRESHING.
“For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue SPEAKETH not unto men, but UNTO GOD: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries. He that speaketh in an Unknown tongue edifieth (to build a house) himself; but he that prophesieth edifteth the church” (1 Car. 14:2,4).”Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know riot what we should pray for as we ought: but THE SPIRIT ITSELF (HIMSELF) MAKETH INTERCESSION FOR (HUPER, OVER, ABOVE, AND BEYOND) US with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God” (Ram. 8:26-27).”But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, PRAYING IN THE HOLY GHOST” (Jude 1:20).
- The INITIAL EVIDENCE of having received the Pentecostal experience of Holy Ghost Baptism (see above).
“To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another DIVERS KINDS OF TONGUES; to another the interpretation of tongues” (1 Car. 12:10).”I would that ye all spake with tongues, but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.. . Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret. . . Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe riot: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe. How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying. If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret” (1 Car. 14:5,13,22,26-27).
- DEVOTIONAL TONGUES – This, the PRIMARY PURPOSE of glosslalia, is the supernatural PRAYER LANGUAGE of the believer, and comprises 99% of all tongues-speaking. This is praying in tongues or singing praise in tongues in our communion with and devotion to God.
Finally, the subject of TONGUES attracts the most attention because opponents make an issue of it. Speaking with tongues has been overemphasized in the past and the present. Glossalalia has been abused. Tongues have a supernatural nature. Speaking with other tongues is the potential common expression of all believers. Tongues are characteristic of this age. But, above all, let us rejoice that tongues has been restored to the Church!For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory. no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly” (Ps. 84:11).
- The GIFT OF TONGUES – This is on of the nine supernatural “GIFTS or ‘CHARISMATA” of the Spirit mentioned in I Corinthians 12:8-10 (see below). It operates with the accompanying gift of the interpretation of tongues. Not all believers flow in this gifting, Those who teach cessationism, that tongues, along with signs, wonders, and miracles, ceased with the early Church and the establishment of the New Testament Canon of Scripture, fail to understand these three distinct purposes, especially the latter.
R = Repent (turn away from any wrong attitudes or wrong traditional teaching).
E = Expect (know that God loves you and wants to fill you).
A = Ask (with simple child-like faith to receive this gift).
D = Drink (receive His presence).
Y = Yield (your members, especially your tongue, to the Lord).
- There were THREE SIGNETS or SEALS on the garments of the High Priest in the Old Testament (Ex. 28)-the BREASTPLATE, the two ONYX STONES on his shoulders, and the GOLD PLATE on his forehead. The FIRST SEALING is a picture of water baptism (Rom. 4:11; Col. 2:11-12). The SECOND SEALING prefigures the Holy Ghost Baptism (2 Cor. 1:22; Eph. 1:13-14. The THIRD and final SEALING reveals the full Mind of Christ (Rev. 14:1-5). This is a rich and vast study (compare Neh. 9:38; Esth. 8:8: Song 8:6: Isa. 8:16-18; 29:11; Hag. 2:23; Jn. 6:27; Eph. 4:30; 2 Tim. 2:19.The point is this: The Holy Ghost Baptism is NOT THE FULLNESS of the Spirit. As noted above, the Pentecostal experience, with the distinct evidence of speaking with other tongues, is but the “FIRSTFRUITS” of the Spirit (Rom. 8:23) and the “EARNEST” of our inheritance (Eph. 1:13-14). The phrase “the SEVEN SPIRIT OF GOD” (Rev. 1:4; 3:1; 4:5; 5:6) reveals the principle of John 3:34 and describes the sevenfold anointing that rested upon Jesus the Messiah. Thee “seven spirits’ are enumerated in Isaiah 11:1-2. This will be the same anointing in FULLNESS that will rest upon His Glorious Church, the Man whose name the Branch.
- * * * * * * *
- “For He (Messiah) whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto Him” (Jn. 3:34).
- Do not be afraid or skeptical if you have not received this experience. It is the BIRTH-RIGHT of every believer. One can receive the Holy Ghost Baptism at any time, at any place, and in any physical posture. You will not receive a “false” experience (see Lk. 11:11-13; Eph. 5:17; Js. 1:17: 1 Jn. 5:14). You do not have to be “holy’ enough. The Baptism with the Spirit is a GIFT (see Jn. 3:27; 14:16; Acts 2:38; Gal. 3:2,5,13-14). You can receive this experience through the LAYING ON OF HANDS (Acts 8:18; 19:6). Some have received this in united devotion in the congregation (Acts 4:31). Others are filled after individual prayer or praise (Acts 9:9-17). It may happen sovereignly and spontaneously (Acts 10). A right ATTITUDE is the most important thing. Simply YIELD to Jesus, the One who will baptize you. Get READY’
- RECEIVING THE HOLY GHOST BAPTISM
- “And God hath set same in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps,- governments, DIVERSITIES OF TONGUES. Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles? Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues (give messages in tongues)? do all interpret? But covet earnestly the best GIFTS (charismata, the manifestions of the Spirit): and yet shew I unto you a mare excellent way” I Car. 12:28-31).
- ‘PRAYING always with all prayer and supplication IN THE SPIRIT, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints” (Eph. 6:18).
- “For if I pray in an unknown tongue, MY SPIRIT PRAYETH, but my understanding is unfruitful. What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding a/so: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also. Else when thou shalt bless with the spirit, how shall he that occupieth the room of the unlearned say Amen at thy giving of thanks, seeing he understandeth not what thou sayest? For thou verily givest thanks well, but the other is not edified. I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all (at home in the prayer closet)” (1 Car. 14:14-18).
- When the TONGUE is YIELDED to the Lord, the whole vessel is yielded (see Matt. 12:34; Js. 3:1-12, especially Js. 3:8 with Rom. 6:3; note as well 1 Car. 6:19 with Num. 7:89). Speaking with OTHER TONGUES was the only evidence accepted by the New Testament apostles in regard to their own personal experience or the experience of others. They never asked for any other alternative evidence and no such alternative can be found in the New Testament.
- “And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied” (Acts 19:6).
- “For (gar, because) they heard them speak with tongues. and magnify’ God. Then answered Peter” (Acts 10:46).
- “I thank my God, 1 (Paul) speak with tongues more than ye all” (1 Cor. 14:18).
- At Samaria, the evidence is the same. Although the King James Version does not state that these new converts spoke with tongues, – Simon “SAW’ something that moved him to offer money. More importantly, verse 21 uses the Greek noun ‘LOGOS” (word, speech, something said or spoken) for “MATTER.” These new believers were speaking with other tongues!
- The evidence on the Day of Pentecost in the Upper Room at Jerusalem was that these early believers spoke with other tongues. Compare the 120 priests who sounded with trumpets at the dedication of Solomon’s Temple (2 Chron. 5:12-14). Then, as in Acts 2, the glory of the Lord filled the. House.
- All FIVE occasions in the Book of Acts show by direct statement, the original Greek, or by related Scriptures, that speaking with OTHER TONGUES s the initial evidence of having received the Holy Ghost Baptism:
- “And these signs shall follow them that believe; In My (Jesus) name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues” (Mk. 16:17).
- Historically, we have noted the Pentecostal DISTINCTIVE that the early pioneers preached and taught was that speaking with OTHER TONGUES is the initial EVIDENCE of having been filled with the Holy Ghost. “GLOSSALALIA,” or “speaking with other tongues” is derived from two Greek words, “glossa” (a language, specially one naturally unacquired),” and “laleo” (to talk or utter words, to emit a sound or to utter articulate sounds).”
- The apostle then notes FIVE distinct experiences in First Corinthians 10:1 -4. Three are once-for-all-the blood, baptism in water (baptized into Moses at the Red Sea), and the baptism into the Spirit (baptized into Moses in the glory cloud). Two are -the bread (the manna) and the beverage (the water out of the flinty rock). We are to eat the Word and drink from the Spirit within. Finally, the writer to the Hebrews mentions the doctrine of “BAPTISMS” separately from repentance and faith, the two elements of conversion (Heb. 6:1-2).
- The EPISTLES also reveal that the Holy Ghost Baptism is subsequent to the new birth. Paul makes it clear in Ephesians 1:13-14 that believers are “sealed” with the Holy Spirit and receive the earnest (see above) of their inheritance (the Baptism) AFTER they hear and receive the Gospel of salvation. Furthermore, the verb used is in the aonst tense-this “snap-shot” tense denotes a point of action that takes place in the past, present, or future, but especially in the past.
- The BOOK OF ACTS set forth that the Spirit is a distinct experience from the blood and the water. Those who received the Holy Ghost Baptism in Acts 2 had already had their names written in heaven (Lk. 10:20). They had received the in- breathing of the Holy Spirit in regeneration (Jn. 20:22). Later, the new Samaritan believers, who had received the Holy Ghost Baptism through the laying on of the hands of Peter and John, had already received and believed the Gospel and had been baptized in water by Philip the evangelist (Acts 8:5,12-17). In Acts 10, we meet the praying man Cornelius. He and his household received the Baptism in the same manner as did the Jewish believers in the Upper Room (Acts 2:1-4 with Acts 11:15). Finally, the Greek rendering of Acts 19:2 is: “Having believed, did you receive the Holy Ghost?” This verb is in the aonst tense, showing that their conversion had taken place and that these Ephesian believers had yet to taste the Pentecostal experience (and were subsequently filled in Acts 19:6).
- The OLD TESTAMENT thus reveals the Pentecostal experience as being separate from and subsequent to conversion. The four GOSPELS also teach that the Spirit is separate from the blood and the water. Believers, who are the children of the Heavenly Father, should ask for the Holy Spirit, according to the words of Jesus (Lk 11:9-13). Moreover, believers who have put their trust in the Lord (believe “on” or ‘Into” Him), should receive the living waters of the Holy Spirit (Jn. 7:37-39). In the Upper Room Discourse (where Jesus taught more on the Holy Spirit than any place else), we understand that the world, or those who have never been converted, cannot receive the Comforter (Jn. 14:15-17).
- “REFRESHING” in Isa. 28:12 (its only usage) is “MARGE” (Strong’s #4774), and it means, “rest, repose, place to rest,” and comes from a root meaning, “cc settle; quiet.” The sweet Holy Ghost has been given to the believer that we might be refreshed (compare Ex. 23:12; Pray. 25:13; Ram. 15:32; 2 Car. 7:13).
- Similarly, the Holy Ghost Baptism is the “EARNEST” of our inheritance. This is the Greek word “ARRHABON” (Strong’s #728), and it means, ‘a pledge, part of the purchase-money or property given in advance as security for the rest; a down payment that the full amount will subsequently be paid.” In the modem Greek “ARRABONA” is an “engagement ring.” The Septuagint (Greek Old Testament) uses but three times in Genesis 38:17-20. The King James Version translates it as “pledge.” The Hebrew word is “ARABOWN (in the sense of exchange, a pawn given as security; a pledge or security). The SIGNET, the BRACELETS, and the STAFF given in that story point to the Spirit’s authority, adornment, and adjustment or alignment; to His government, grace, and guidance.
- “And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the FIRSTFRUITS of tie Spirit (as a foretaste of future glory, The Living Bible), even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption (placement as full-grown sons), to wit, the redemption of our body”‘ (Rom. 8:23).
- “And they (in the Upper Room) were all FILLED with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance” (Acts 2:4).
- “And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost CAME ON (epi, upon) them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied” (Acts 19:6).
- “Who (Peter and John), when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost: (For as yet He was FALLEN upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus)” (Acts 8:15-16; compare the same worn’ in Acts 10:44; 11;15 with Mk. 3:10; Lk. 15:20; Acts 20:10,37).
- “Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall RECEIVE the gift of the Holy Ghost’ (Acts 2:38).
- The New International Version says, “on that day all the springs of the great deep burst forth, and the floodgates of the heavens were opened.” This verse describes our spiritual immersion. OUTWARDLY, from above, the power of the Spirit comes upon the believer; and INWARDLY, the believer drinks, receiving the Spirit’s power from within, overflowing with other tongues (see below). There is a real breaking that takes place in this experience, followed by the outpoured glory of the heavenlies.
- As in water baptism, we must YIELD to the One (Jesus) who is doing this Holy Ghost baptism. Seek the BAPTIZER and not the Baptism, a PERSON, not an experience. The believer’s whole personality is immersed, surrounded, and enveloped by the presence and power of the Holy Ghost, coming down over him or her from above and without, and welling up from within (for every born again believer has the Spirit already within, as in Rom. 8:9). “BAPTO” emphasizes the TOTAL (the whole person) and the TRANSITIONAL (a door into a new realm).
- ‘I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but He (Jesus the Messiah) that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: He shall BAPTIZE you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire” Matt. 3:11).
- The word for “COMFORTER” is “PARAKLETOS” (Strong’s #3875), and it means, “an intercessor, consoler; summoned, called to ones side, especially called to one’s aid; one who pleads another’s cause before a judge, a pleader, a counsel for defense, a legal assistant, an advocate; in the widest sense, a helper, a succorer, an aider, an assistant.” “PARAKLETOS” is derived from ‘PARR” (beside or alongside), and “KALEO” (to call aloud).
- The Hebrew word for “SPIRIT” is “ruach.” The noun form means, “WIND, SPIRIT, or BREATH.” The verb means, “to BLOW or to BREATHE.” The Greek counterpart, “pneuma,” means the same. Using this symbol of WIND, one can learn much about the Holy Spirit and His ministry:
- The British Keswick Conventions of the later 1800s and the Welsh Revival of 1904-1905 under Roberts gave Great Britain its openness to the Pentecostal reality. Dr. Torrey gave Germany its opening to this great truth. The revival then spread to Sweden, Scandinavia, and Europe. By 1909 the revival had also been birthed in South Africa through the labors of the powerful American evangelist, John G. Lake. British evangelist Smith Wigglesworth (1921) and Aimee Semple McPherson (1922) carried the message to Australia. Other notables were F. F. Bosworth, Mrs. M. B. Woodworth-Etter, used much in the establishing of the Anderson Church of God, and the literary Englishman Dr. Charles S. Price, who received the Holy Ghost under McPherson’s preaching. During the Latter Rain Revival of 1948-1956, other great Pentecostal preachers stepped forward, such as Oral Roberts, Gordon Lindsay (the Voice of Healing), and William Branham. The Charismatic Renewal of the 1960s and the 1970s took the message of Acts 2:4 across every denominational line, including Roman Catholicism.
- “Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. . .And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit” (Matt. 5:6; Eph. 5:18,).
- There is recorded in Church history accounts of SPIRIT-FILLED revivals dating from the Book of Acts to the present. Many of the Church fathers refer to the Holy Ghost Baptism from the second to the fourth centuries, among them Tertullian, Chysostom, and Augustine. Montanus led a chansmatic reformation dating around 150 AD. in Mysia, complete with glossalalia (speaking in tongues), prophecies, and visions. History also reveals the moving of the Holy Spirit among the mendicant friars, the Jansenists, the Quakers, the Irvingites, some early Methodists, the Carmisards, the Huguenots, the Waldensians, and others. There was a tremendous visitation in the earth just prior to the restoration of the Holy Ghost Baptism to the Church at the turn of the century. Examples of this are the Methodist and Finney revivals, Moody and Sankey, the Holiness revivals, Daniel Awrey, A. B. Simpson, Alexander Dowie, Dr. R. A. Torrey, the Russian and Armenian revivals, not to mention the great Welsh Revival with Evan Roberts (1904-1905), which happened just before the Azusa St. meetings.
- We believe that the kingdom of God is a present reality and will expand until the knowledge of his Lordship covers the earth, the government of God is the purpose of God; it is the extension of his rule and dominion in the earth and the universe with it’s complete consummation at the literal return of Jesus – at the end of human history. The church, universal and local, mystical and tangible, invisible and visible, is the instrument through which that purpose is to be realized. (Gen 1:26-28; Dan 2:44-45; 7:27; Hab 2:14; Mark 1:14-15; Rom 14:17; Eph 3:21; Heb 12:25-29; Rev 1:6; 5:10; 11:15; 19:1-6) .
The Gospel of the Kingdom simply put says: There is a man (Jesus Christ – both head and body) sitting now upon the throne of God within the heavens who rules (present tense) over the affairs of His creation.
Ephesians 1:19-23 (KJV)
And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
And hath put all things under his feet,
and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.
Psalm 103:19 (KJV)
19 The LORD hath prepared his throne in the heavens; and his kingdom ruleth over all.
God has not left His creation to its own keeping.
Psalm 145:8-20 (KJV)
8 The LORD is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.
9 The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.
10 All thy works shall praise thee, O LORD; and thy saints shall bless thee.
11 They shall speak of the glory of thy kingdom, and talk of thy power;
12 To make known to the sons of men his mighty acts, and the glorious majesty of his kingdom.
13 Thy kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and thy dominion endureth throughout all generations.
14 The LORD upholdeth all that fall, and raiseth up all those that be bowed down.
15 The eyes of all wait upon thee; and thou givest them their meat in due season.
16 Thou openest thine hand, and satisfiest the desire of every living thing.
17 The LORD is righteous in all his ways, and holy in all his works.
18 The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth.
19 He will fulfil the desire of them that fear him: he also will hear their cry, and will save them.
20 The LORD preserveth all them that love him: but all the wicked will he destroy.
Satan has been completely defeated! Therefore let us celebrate the Lord Jesus and His victory through His finished work on the cross.
John 12:31 (KJV)
31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.
Hebrews 2:14 (KJV)
14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;
1 John 3:8 (KJV)
8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
The Kingdom is simply wherever Jesus is made to be Lord (Jehovah / Father) and King (Jesus the Anointed Christ).
Isaiah 9:6-7 (KJV)
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.
Revelation 1:4-6 (KJV)
4 John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;
5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
Acts 2:36 (KJV)
36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
One does not have to physically die to enter the Kingdom of Christ. But one must be born from above.
John 3:3-5 (KJV)
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother’s womb, and be born?
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Ephesians 2:1-7 (KJV)
1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
The Kingdom isn’t for another time only (Heaven), nor is it only for another people called the natural Jew. Rather, the true Jew is you (whoever is born again).
Romans 2:28-29 (KJV)
28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
Galatians 3:13-29 (KJV)
13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
15 Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man’s covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto.
16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.
17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.
18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.
19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.
20 Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.
21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.
22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
29 And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.
Ephesians 2:11-22 (KJV)
11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.
The Kingdom does not start on or through some special observation, such as a certain nation or church, but it does start in the heart of every believer of God through Jesus Christ.
Luke 17:20-21 (KJV)
20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
The great triumph of Jesus is not His second coming, but rather it was His first coming and His resurrection and ascension to God’s / King David’s throne within the heavens.
Ephesians 4:8-16 (KJV)
8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.
9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?
10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)
11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.
The whole of Christendom believes in the promised Kingdom of God. The controversy only concerns its timing. The keynote verse of scripture depicting this timing is Psalm 132:11:
11 The LORD hath sworn in truth unto David; he will not turn from it; Of the fruit of thy body will I set upon thy throne.
Due to incomplete information, many of God’s people have been taught that this will be fulfilled at Christ’s second coming. The holy scriptures have testified differently. The Apostle Peter, quoting this Old Testament, verse says that its fulfillment was at the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Acts 2:29-31 (KJV)
29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
The Apostle Paul, in agreement, says the same is Acts 13:32-33, Romans 1:1-6, and Romans 15:8.
Acts 13:32-33 (KJV)
32 And we declare unto you glad tidings, how that the promise which was made unto the fathers,
33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.
Romans 1:1-6 (KJV)
1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,
2 (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,)
3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;
4 And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:
5 By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:
6 Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ:
Romans 15:8 (KJV)
8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:
The prophet Daniel agrees when he foresaw this is a vision, as the covenant messenger, Messiah, receives His Kingdom from God the Father in His ascension and not at His second coming.
Daniel 7:13-14 (NASB)
The Son of Man Presented
13 “I kept looking in the night visions, And behold, with the clouds of heaven One like a Son of Man was coming, and He came up to the Ancient of Days and was presented before Him.
14 “And to Him was given dominion, glory and a kingdom, that all the peoples, nations and men of every language might serve Him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion which will not pass away; And His kingdom is one which will not be destroyed.
The good news of this gospel is that the Kingdom is a present reality and that the Church does not have to wait for the second coming of Jesus to be victorious. We believe that it is time to “possess the gates of the enemy” and declare that Christ’s Kingdom has come!
Scripture supports the gospel of the Kingdom by showing that God’s plan for the full restoration of mankind is working out in a process of “progressive revelation.” This process reveals God’s universal laws governing growth and development.
* * * * * * *
- We believe that all authority centers in Jesus Christ and that he has delegated his jurisdiction into the home (domestically), the local church (ecclesiastically) and civil government. We believe in theocratic (God-ruled) local church government and order (elders, deacons and saints). Divine order in the New Testament maintains a plurality of leadership and eldership (apostle, prophet, pastor, evangelists), as the set man given to father the flock of God – along the side of the Bishop / Teacher that Fathers the plurality ascension gifting of elders. (Matt 28:18-20; Acts 13:1-2; 15:19; Rom 13:1-7; Eph 1:20-23; Phil 1:1; 2:5-11; I Tim 3:1-13) .
Special Note: Word study teaches us that even though the teacher ministry is recorded last within the ascension ministry giftings, it is actually the first fruits ministry of the Father / Bishop ministry that upholds all the other ascension gift ministries. True Bishops do not desire to be over you, but to be under you. A Bishop / Teacher is foundational, foundations don’t come from above you but from under you. Foundations are built and placed in positions before the building ever takes any material form (when you walk into a building one does not see the plumbing or wiring just the finished work of the building).
Bishops / Teachers, Apostles, Prophets, Pastors, Evangelists should never manipulate and control you. but they from your ground zero uphold and place you upon their shoulders or build you around their structure. So that when you begin to take form it’s not them that the public see, but it’s you.
This is why the Teacher’s / Bishop’s ministry is placed last within the ascension gift ministries and not first as recorded in Eph 4:11.
This is one of the many revelation given unto me concerning the Melchizedek priesthood order of ministry. My thesis paper deals with this very subject matter.
Word study will support that this word for teacher throughout the New Testament is the same Greek word for Rabbi / Master-teacher that Jesus was given, as well as the head teacher among the pharisaic scribes whose name was Gamaliel, the president of the Sanhedrin, who was the teacher, Master Rabbi of the student Saulus Paulus better know as the Apostle Paul.
This Gamaliel was the 35th receiver of the verbal Jewish traditions as well as the Law giving at Sinai unto Moses, the man of God. Saul/Paul was to inherit the position of the 36th receiver as the Master Rabbi of the Sanhedrin had he not converted to Christendom. This would have given Saul the most honored position and spiritual rank among the whole Hebrew/Jewish nation. The Apostle Paul wrote years later in his epistle to the Philippian church (Phil 3:8). That next to Jesus and being a Christian these places of honor was but ‘dung’. ‘Dung’ spiritually speaks to us of that which is leftover after the Spirit of God has moved forward with His glory and purpose unto His next place of visitation and proceeding calling.
Gamaliel was over the 72 member Sanhedrin court of elders, who governed the Jewish nation at Jerusalem. The four high priests, Annas, Chaiaphas, John & Alexander, were all under his high authority. This is why at the court against the apostles in Acts 5:17-41 with Gamaliel’s ruling to let them go was obeyed by the High Priest Annas and Chaiaphas.
Greek Word Study : Teacher –
There are three major Greek words in the New Testament for our English word Teacher.
- DIDASKALOS – Which is the Greek word translated – Master, Rabbi – Terms given to the Head-Master teacher of the Jewish Community.
Whether it be Jesus, Gamaliel or any Chief Priest of a synagogue
Scriptural usage of the Greek word – DIDASKALOS are:
22 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
I Cor 12:28-29
28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers , after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.
29 Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers ? are all workers of miracles?
I Tim 2:7
7 Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not;) a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.
11 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers , ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
All these scriptural usages of this Greek word DIDASKALOS reveal to us that this word Teacher used for the Greek word for Rabbi – Master – Headship in ministry and not that of the usage of the other two Greek words for Teacher.
- James 3:1
11 My brethren, be not many masters , knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.
- II Tim 1:11
11 Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.
- Eph 4:11
11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers ;
- Acts 13:1
1 Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers ; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul.
- KALODIDASKALOS – This Greek New Testament word denotes – A Teacher of what is good.
3 For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.
4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,
5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.
9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.
10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;
11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.
12 When I shall send Artemas unto thee, or Tychicus, be diligent to come unto me to Nicopolis: for I have determined there to winter.
13 Bring Zenas the lawyer and Apollos on their journey diligently, that nothing be wanting unto them.
14 And let ours also learn to maintain good works for necessary uses, that they be not unfruitful.
15 All that are with me salute thee. Greet them that love us in the faith. Grace be with you all. Amen. It was written to Titus, ordained the first bishop of the church of the Cretians, from Nicopolis of Macedonia.
KALODIDASKALOS describes the teaching ministry of the local church elders – both men and women.
This is the Greek word – that many have thought that the Greek word – DIDASKALOS meant.
But as our word study has sown us they are speaking of two different ministries within Christ’s Church.
DIDASKALOS is the ministry of the Spiritual Father of said ministries (Ascension Gift ministries) this office gift is to teach the lessor governmental ministries.
Where KALODIDASKALOS – is the local church ministry of the elders who serve the Ascension Gift ministries of any local church.
Thusly, one can not biblically qualify for the Father office of Bishop / Teacher unless he is also called to the ascension gift ministry of an Apostle or Apostolic Prophet (the ascension gift ministries of Prophet, Pastor, Evangelist do not qualify). Only biblical Apostles can function in the ministry gifting of Bishop / Teacher as seen in John 21:15-17 as Jesus calls Peter, the Apostle to shepherd the other Apostles that were also present.
- PSEUDODIDASKALOS – This Greek New Testament word denotes a false teacher – this is one who teachers biblical error and falsehoods. This Word is in the plural form showing us that their are always among us – many false teachers.
Word study will support that the lambs spoken of in verse 15 were the Apostles / lambs who would give their lives in death as a sacrifice as Jesus, the Lamb of God, had just done. This Greek word for feed is ‘bosko’ and means ‘feed’, ‘take care of’, ‘guide’, ‘lead’, ‘govern’, ‘tend a flock’, ‘provide pasture for’, ‘shepherd’.
Thus, the Bishop / teacher ministry is to teach the ascension gift ministry of Apostle, Prophet, Pastor, Evangelist how to equip the saints for their individual giftings so that they might be placed within their kingdom assignment.
This is the foremost reason why the church has failed, because of the lack of proper revelation of how ascension gift ministry is to function within the multiplicity of ministry within the local church setting. Sadly for the local church saint and the evangelism of the unregenerated world because of the lack of this apostolic governmental understanding, the church has failed to equip the saints for their kingdom assignments due to being under the different unscriptural governmental orders within most of Christendom.
Today the only one that is being increased with glory and honor is the one/man ruler called the pastor or apostle which is ordered after the antiquated old testament Aaronic priesthood order which God has called an ending to within the new covenant. The only order of priesthood that God now honors is the Melchizedek priesthood order that I am revealing to you now.
To qualify as a new testament Bishop or Apostle – it is vital to understand that the qualifications for said ministry office gifts one must have been enlightened and be a promoter of these new covenant foundational doctrines:
- Repentance from dead works – This is so much more than new birth repentance, rather it is the establishment of new covenant grace without the old covenant law and works for salvation. The new covenant is not a remake of law and works plus grace but it is new creation grace alone.
This was the message that the Apostle Paul taught in all the new covenant churches that the elders at Jerusalem was indifference too. Paul taught that salvation was by faith in the all sufficient grace of the work accomplished by Jesus upon the cross and not by keeping of religious law.
Keeping religious law establish by the Old Testament might keep one in good standing with his church, family or civil government but it has nothing to do with your standing in righteousness with Jesus. Law can not perfect / make one complete in God, the old covenant proved that. The grace of God (the enablement that the Holy Spirit imparts to the believer) can only make us perfect / complete in Jesus. Church law of your denomination allows you to climb the ladder of success with your denomination – but not God.
The proof of this is within a great truth Jesus has taught me about His church, most Christians know much about suppression of their Adamic desires but know little about deliverance from the man of sin. This is because they are looking to keep the law as their savior in the place of God’s all sufficient grace.
Grace defined: Grace is not unmerited favor with God, that is the definition of mercy. Bible grace is the enablement of the Holy Spirit from within the believer to walk out the law of God. Based completely upon the finished work of the sacrifice and accomplishment of Jesus upon the cross and the ascension unto God’s throne.
The New Covenant teaches that the law shuts-off faith so that our faith can not react properly within the new light of the New Covenant and be able to accomplish the desire of God.
As we try to live the Christian lifestyle by keeping all the Old Testament law (613), plus the laws of the verbal – traditions handed down by our particular church system that we have married ourself into – all it does is frustrate the grace of God that has been placed within our being by the Holy Spirit.
II Cor 11:1-4 – says that God has espoused us to one husband and that is Jesus, and not our religious systems.
Apostolic ministry that is attempting to move from teaching traditional Old Covenant and denominational church law (rules of regulation that men have succumb to in order to help their disciples in Christ to move closer to Jesus) – toward the New Covenant Gospel of Grace – must remember these important spiritual rules / sciences.
All of our teaching within the New Covenant must be Jesus, the Christ centered. When teaching the New Covenant saints the Gospel of Grace it is important that we remind them that everything that they need to be perfected / matured in Christ is already within them, and that the more that they pursue living in God’s presence through worship then the faster their maturity will be seen and their fleshly desire will begin to pass away.
Jesus is the Pattern Son, and if we are discipling saints to reflect His image then teaching them to look into the face of Moses, the mediator of the system of law keeping, will not transform them into Jesusites.
II Cor 3:18 – is our mandate for transforming Gentiles (those outside of the family of God in Christ) into the family of the true-Jew (those who are in Christ Jesus).
It is only as we look into the face of the Glory of God – which is Jesus Christ in His ascension dwelling within God’s throne that our suppression of the adamic man can find complete transformation into the image of Jesus and find freedom from the curse.
If we want to be ministers of the New Covenant – then we must teach God’s Grace and only God’s Grace.
We must ignore all the gainsayers / accusers of the brethren, that want to keep control over God’s church and tell their disciples that we want to give God’s saints an open license to be one of satan’s ambassadors and sin to their life’s content – which of course is a total fabrication (a lie) of the truth of God’s revelation concerning His Gospel of Grace.
So what happens – when you teach to the saints that they have all the enablements of grace, that they can walk with God in holiness and accordance to the love walk of Jesus, and they instead – sin willfully – saying that they are living under grace.
So what do we do – we don’t – back off of teaching the Grace of God, rather we continue to teach, telling the saints that as we are walking within the Grace of God, then we also have the enablement to live according.
If any saint continues sinning willfully under the grace message, then we lovingly tell them that their not living under grace – but instead they are living under law having listened to the lie of the accuser having received the condemnation of the message of keeping the law and works for salvation – in the place of resting in the all-sufficient grace that Jesus accomplished in His journey from the Garden – Cross – Resurrection – and Ascension.
Teach this truth and you will bring forth true disciples unto Jesus – the Messenger and Mediator of the New Covenant.
- Faith toward God – Is exactly that – Faith towards Jesus in His finished work at Calvary and not faith for things / that one might desire. The faith that we are to pursue is the faith (the ethic truth of the life of Christ that only comes by grace as we put all our trust in the work of the cross and not in what we think we can produce. The foundational Bible faith that should be our pursuit is faith that produces spiritual maturity towards sonship (Christ in you, earth’s hope of glory).
Always remember that Jesus knows what you are in need of and as maturity come through pursuing after Jesus – all that we desire in Him, will find it’s fulfillment but if within your attempt to pursue after things (in the place of Jesus) – then you have sinned.
Many times the saints will attempt to use their faith for things.
But the Bible doesn’t teach the such – rather it teaches that while our faith is towarding God – then His blessing will pursue us, with all good things.
If you are attempting to use your faith – outside the purposes of God’s covenant with you, then – other graces that you have been enabled with will begin to falterer.
If you see this begin to happen then it is your sign to give back to Jesus your absolute devotion (your faith towards God).
This foundational faith towards God – is placing your faith in the all sufficient work of the death – burial – resurrection and ascension of Jesus – with your everyday life after conversion just like you did at conversion.
- Baptism of the Holy Spirit and Giftings – The baptism in the Holy Spirit bring with Him the manifest presence of God (we love feeling His presence) but that is not the primary reason for His coming into our lives. Rather the coming of the Holy Spirit comes to teach us how we are to manifest Jesus into every aspect / area of life that we are sent to earth to influence.
Firstly, To function in the ministry of Bishop / Apostle there are some issues that will need to be completely understood and embraced.
The coming of the Holy Spirit – is one of five signs Jesus gave that the promised New Covenant and the Kingdom of God within the earth had been inaugurated.
The sign of the Holy Spirit – is the heart of the New Covenant and of the Kingdom of God.This scripture tell us that the Kingdom is in the Holy Spirit. Without the manifestation of the Holy Spirit within the life of anyone’s profession to have Christ within is to have mere confession alone – without true possession.
Righteousness – Doing that which is right within the desire of God’s will. This is speaking of becoming one with God in His purpose for you.
Peace – is walking with God through the sacrifice of Jesus, with confidence that you are His and He is yours.
Joy – knowing that as you stand before all of heaven’s court – that you know that you are in heavenly places, because heaven is not a foreign place to you.
People do what they are – you are in heavenly places, because you are of the same substance.
Just think of it – some mindless reprobates actually think that satan would feel welcome there – he would hate our heavenly habitat, it’s 180 degrees against his nature.
Gal 3:14 (KJV)
14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.This scripture speaks for the Old Testament saint as well as for the New Testament saint – as it reveals to us that the blessing of being within the family of Abraham’s faithful is not if you are a Jew or Gentile – nor is it as some would declare, whether one is rich in earth’s goods or not.
But the possessor of the Abrahamic faith / the New Creation Man – is whether one has received the promise of the Spirit.
Have you received the Holy Spirit? – If you answer is yes then welcome to the Church of Jesus Christ.
If your answer is no – or not yet – then please come and drink of the life that Jesus gives, which is a life full of the Spirit and of His presence and purpose.
The promised New Covenant through the mouths of God’s holy prophets of old – spoke that the New Covenant would be a consummation of all the previous covenants that God had sent in part-realm.
This New Covenant would bring with it the Grace of God that would enable those who walked within it’s covenantal purpose the enablement – abilities from within to hear God’s voice – Word – and purpose due to the Spirit of God being within every man.
The sign that God has welcomed you within His final covenant – representing His redemptive purpose is that you have received of His Holy Spirit.
As a believer in the purposes of God in Christ Jesus, it behooves each of us to asks ourselves am I living within the realm of God that I want to be living in when my purpose upon earth is finished.
If your really hungry for truth – you might asks yourself this question
In the eternities, when this time is no more – and the ages to come have been reveal / come to pass – Who do you want to be?
Choose wisely – remember, time is both short and accountable.
- Do you want to be the city of God? (Rev 21:9-23)
- Do you want to be the people of God that walk in the light of that city? (Rev 21:24)
- Do you want to be the ministry / servants who serve God within His throne? (Rev 22:3-4)
You do what you are – but you don’t have to stay living in your present world.
Attention – Please understand – that I am not saying that if you don’t have the infilling within the Holy Spirit, that you are not a part of the family of God in Christ.
Below #20, The Tabernacle of Moses, talks about God’s purposes seen in three dimension.
On the diagram showing some of those lists of three dimensions you can see listed several examples of three kinds of different believers within God’s plan of redemption.
Those who receive the infilling within the Holy Spirit only represent one of the three classes of redemptive believers.
There are still ranks of believers in God besides the ones who have received the infilling of the Holy Spirit.
There is a ranking of believers that is above those who have received the infilling within the Holy Spirit – and there is one ranking that is listed below those of the Holy Spirit class of believers.
Secondly, To function in the ministry of Bishop / Apostle then one will need to be able to discern the giftings that the Holy Spirit is placing within the ministry of the saints that he is fathering.
Example: Someone might have hopes to be a pastor, while his gifting is to be a physician. A true Bishop / Apostle would know this – it’s part of his ministerial gifting (the gift of the discerning of spirits – which is the ability of seeing into the realm of the spirit world – seeing the purpose of the thing, and the gift of the word of wisdom – which is the mother gifting of that of the discerning of spirits. The gift of the Word of Wisdom is the ability to understand the formation of God’s desire purpose within ones call or a thing).
Even when men that are called to the office gift of Bishop / Apostle and are not able to see into those lives that they are called to give care and covering to, it is because they have not properly understood their role of Fatherhood.
If a Bishop / Apostle does not spend time with those that they have been given the honor to Father outside of their pulpit ministry then there’s a good chance that God isn’t going to give His secret to you concerning their kingdom purpose.
Being a Bishop / Apostle – is being the spiritual father of ministry and saints.
It is not teaching your one message a week and having your disciples (apostle, prophets, pastors, evangelist) to fill in for you when you decide that you want to take a break.
When one is called upon by Jesus to be a Bishop / Teacher / Father – it is because he has invested much patience within you with long hours, days and years of transforming the man of ministry into the man of God.
Your job as Bishop – is not to be seen any longer as the main focus of local house ministry (that is why you are the Bishop over ascension gift ministry who trains the saints for their work of ministry).
Your job is two-fold:
The great error of ecclesiastical headship is that men who are not gifted with the ministry of Bishop / Apostle are sitting in that office gift and because of their misplacement within ministry, the saints have no idea why God has sent them to this planet. They are lost not knowing their kingdom purpose and tragically multitudes of saints are leaving the local church in hopes of finding someone to answer the question “Please can you tell me who I am?”.
- Firstly, to spend time in God’s presence – so that God can reveal to you the flow of the river of God – that the Spirit will ask you to move within.
It may be that the natural wind current from the four corners of your realm or sphere of authority might change seasonally and cause the river flow to change, or it maybe that your river banks may be needing – to be leveed.
- Secondly, you are to spend personal time outside of your pulpit ministry with those that you are empowering / training to become Bishops / Fathers with special emphasis given to Apostles in training.
Thirdly, To function in the ministry of Bishop / Apostle within the New Covenant Melchizedek Priesthood Order then it will be absolutely imperative of the most importance that you learn to have church without a clock that is if you want Jesus and His manifested glory to be among you and your times of the saints meetings.
It is also extremely important that you realize that there is a God/Man who sits upon the throne of God – and that man is not you .
The spirit of control – is not a New Covenant manifestation of Godlikeness – control is an attribute of the curse.
Unity / Oneness with God – is the New Covenant way, so quit trying to command God’s presence to fit in your realm of religious knowledge / thinking.
The primary reason for the meeting of the saints, is so that the saints can be built up in Christ, through worship – Word – fellowship.
The saints can be made more into the image of Christ by entering into Christ’s glory that is produced through our worship of Jesus – then ten thousand sermons that the most gifted of teacher on this plant can produce.
I would much rather spend two to three hours worshipping Jesus and entering into His glory and spending thirty minutes teaching one principal of God’s Word than spending two hours teaching and thirty minutes in what some call worship.
It’s easy to spot a true worshiper just asks them how long that it takes in preparation in thanksgiving and praise before they feel like that they have entered into the realm of God.
If their skillful in prayer, praise and worship then it will take at least 60 to 90 minutes, unless there is a special quickening that appears within God manifested glory.
The average so called spirit-filled believer only spends 15 minutes a day within prayer and none of that is in worship – to Jesus.
Learn – that the greatest gift that God has ever given unto any spiritual person is the gift of praying and worshipping God in the Spirit / and with their heavenly language.
The more one prays in tongues the greater his capacity to hold the water of the Spirit of God / the more one prays in tongues the larger your vessel of water – expanse.
It is only as headship finds it’s correct placement among the local saints and doesn’t attempt to hinder the Holy Spirit in taking the true headship / fathering rulership among His body – that the glory of Jesus will find it’s place among the people of God.
There is no greater arrogance than to assume, that you, the man of God – can meet all the unlimited needs of every man and woman that is attempting to move into the image of the Almighty.
So quit trying – allow God’s presence the time and opportunity to create within His people – His desire.
Put your agendas on hold – when the church comes to meet with Jesus. Maybe God might want to expanded your revelation of what you think – that you possess.
Put your time-pieces away in a locked vault.
Bye the bye – time is an element of the adamic curse. Before Adam tore-open the veil to God’s eternity pass, there was no time – and in God’s fourth dimension there is timelessness.
Don’t allow your eternity here – to be ruled by it — time (your clock pieces).
- Rom 14:17 (KJV)
8 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
- Laying on of hands – This is the ecclesiastical church government of God. This new covenant government is in the Melchizedek priesthood order and not after the antiquated Aaronic priesthood order.
This laying on of hands is primarily for the ordaining of eldership and all ordainational duties. This foundational ministry and it’s functioning purposes is what separates the ascension gift ministries from the rest of the body of saints. It deals with the office duties within each local church, with each ascension gift ministry functioning within each of their ministerial authority:
This is the Apostolic Order of the New Covenant Melchizedek Priesthood – only as this multiplicity of ministry is allow to function within each local church can the saints ever come to maturity and find their rightful kingdom purpose.
- Bishop / Teacher – Fathers all the ascension gift ministries – teaching them how to function within each of their ministries and how their ministry relates to the saints that they are called to mature within each of the saints callings.
(The Apostle and Prophet both are foundational teaching ministries – depending on each of their areas of teaching giftings / callings).
- Apostles – Teach New Covenant, first principal foundations (Heb 6:1-2).
- Prophets – Teach how to find God’s presence – will / purpose – through Old Testament principals of (Moses’ Tabernacle – David’s Tabernacle – Solomon’s Temple and the Prophets and Psalms).
- Pastors – Teach families how to live by love – faith – works, within the Christian community. (every local church, depending on the number of families, will increase the number of the pastoral ministries – every Pastor’s teaching responsibilities should not number more an five families each – this gives each pastor within the local church the responsibility of teaching five families per week / which is one family per day, Monday through Friday). Saturday is his Sabbath with his family (not OT Sabbath teaching). Sunday (the New Covanent Lord’s day) is set aside for corportate worship and Apostlic ministry.
- Evangelist – Preach the Gospel of the Kingdom to the unlearned – (those outside of the family of God within each local church area). Then brings the new convert into their local church to become part of the community of God / kingdom citizen – who come under the tutorage of the local church apostolic – ascension gift ministry of Apostle – Prophet – Pastors.
- Elders – Serve the ascension gift ministry according to the callings of servitude purpose that each has been given by God.
Example: Elders that are called to the ministry of Apostle serve the Ascension gift Apostle, the same is accordance with those who are called to the office gift of Prophet, Pastor and Evangelist.
- Deacon – Serve the elders in the natural affairs concerning the church and saints (deacon’s deal with men only).
- Deaconess – Serve as the men deacon serve – but in the realm of women and children.
For any one man to think that he can fulfill the ministry of Jesus all by himself – This is pure spiritual idolatry.
This is what the job description of each ascension gift ministries realm / sphere of authority looks like:
The ascension gift ministries – (Bishop / Teacher, Apostle, Prophet, Pastor, Evangelist) are all set ministries – (which means – that they are all chosen by God – and they can’t be voted in or out. In the case of character failures these ministries are dealt with, but can not be replaced, because they are set by Jesus).
- Bishop / Teacher – place of rule is to father the ascension gift ministry of (Apostle – Prophets – Pastors – Evangelists).
- Apostle – place of rule is to establish new believers in the foundational truths of (Heb 6:1-2).
- Prophets – place of rule is to instruct those training for pulpit ministry and as well as leadership rule within the marketplace ministry (in other words – he’s the professor of the local church’s school of ministry).
- Pastors – place of rule is to establish the local family in how to function in kingdom citizenship relationships.
- Evangelists – place of rule is to teach the local saint how to influence their neighborhood – city – world with the gospel message of the Kingdom of God (The art of Evangelism).
- Elders – serve the ascension gift ministries – (as their spiritual son in ministry training).
- Deacons – serve the elders – in the need of domestic area of the local church life.
The local church is set – in the theocracy system of church order – and not in the democracy order of rule (which is the governing of the local church – by the vote of the laity).
- Elders and Deacons – are not set ministries – but are chosen by the ascension gift ministry team (which means – if any elder or deacon desires to be released from their duties so that they might pursue other functions within the body, then the ascension gift ministry team can replace them with another qualified elder or deacon).
- Resurrection from the dead – This deals with much more than the second resurrection. This deals with the time frame from Jesus’ ascension until the end of human history. This is all eschatological. This deals with the all encompassing comings of Jesus (His first coming – His present comings – and His coming at the end of human history)
Special note: The theories of dispensationalism that has taught God’s church its philosophies that leads to blaspheme and that tramples over God’s holy blood covenant has no place within this foundational truth of resurrection. Dispensational philosophers may have meant well however they have been seduce by satanic powers and have received into their soul one or more of the three great heresies that satan has released into mankind – these three heresies are:
Of course there are many more foundational church doctrines than these that I’ve listed here. But to qualify as a new covenant Bishop or Apostle these must be a part of their foundational structuring. Most that are calling themselves to the ministry gift of Bishop or Apostle, sadly to say, are still teaching antiquated old testament theology while not understanding that God has completely fulfilled that covenant as well as all of the previous covenants by placing them all within the finished work of the cross and ascension of Jesus.
- Pluralistic Theory – multiple ways to God.
- Universalism Theories – We are all God’s children with full redemption.
- The Rapture Trance – 1830.(Do to the length of the Doctrines of Eschatology, I will be dealing with origin of dispensational theology and the origins of the rapture in the near future).
My dear ones, just because someone has enough abilities to market themselves, to pay rent on a building, etc that doesn’t alone qualify them to set in the office ministry of the Apostle or fathering Bishop.
The ministry office gifts of Bishop or Apostle qualifications – isn’t whether one is a charismatic preacher or teacher.
It is not whether one can gather enough people around them so that one can rent a building for church services.
Any born again Christian may have those talent to start there own church, fellowship, etc.
This in itself are not qualifications for the ministry gifts of Bishop or Apostle.
The Bishop or Apostle – must be a Apostolic foundations revelator – his revelation must match that of the Apostle Paul (which is the revelation of the new covenant). Only then can he qualify as an Apostle / Fathering Bishop. May the grace of God strengthen us to seek God’s order within these now days.
- * * * * * * *
- We believe that sanctification is once and for all, as well as, progressive in nature: first, from the time of conversion, God himself sets the believer apart by the blood of Jesus; then the believer separates himself unto a Holy God by washing himself daily with the Word. The spirit-directed life is one of detachment from this present world system, perfecting holiness in the fear of God. (Matt 5:48; I Cor 1:30; II Cor 6:14-18; II Cor 7:12; Eph 5:25-32; Col 3:8-14; Heb 12:14; I Pet 1:15; I John 2:15-17) .
* * * * * * *
- We believe that the fruit of the spirit is the divine nature and character of the Lord Jesus Christ, who is the Pattern Son for every believer. We are called to be like the one who is the firstborn among many brethren (His manor in life – His talk – His walk – and His rest) . (Rom 8:28-30; II Cor 3:18; Gal 5:22-23; II Pet 1:3-4; I John 3:1-3).
* * * * * * *
- We believe in the order of worship given by revelation in the tabernacle of David as being restored to the church today. This includes the voice (singing, shouting), the hands (clapping, raising, playing instruments) and the whole body (standing, bowing, kneeling, dancing). (II Sam 6; I Chron 13-16; Ps 150; Acts 15:13-17; Eph 5:19; Col 3:16).
* * * * * * *
- We believe in spirit-filled prayer and intercession, and that fasting (abstaining from food) intensifies prayer. Spiritual warfare is waged and won on the basis of Jesus’ finished work. We are to cast out demons in the name of the king. Satan, our adversary, is a reality, and was completely defeated by our Lord’s death, resurrection and ascension. We are called to enforce Jesus’ victory, to occupy until he comes, to call those things which be not as though they were, to prophetically decree a thing so that it will be established unto us. (Job 1:7; 22:28; Matt 4:2; 12:25-29; Mark 16:17; Luke 4:2; 10:17-20; 19:13; Acts 8:18-24; 13:6-12; 19:13-20; Rom 4:17; II Cor 2:11; 11:14, 27; Eph 6:10-18; Heb 2:14; James 4:7; I Pet 5:8-9; I John 3:8) .
* * * * * * *
- We believe that healings for man’s soul, mind and body was provided for in the new covenant when our Lord Jesus was tortured in His body, and in His being / soul and was humiliated on the cross before He rose again in the power of his resurrection. Divine health is a reality for the believer. Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law: sin, sickness, poverty and death. (Ex 15:26; Is 53:5; Mark 16:18; John 10:10; Acts 4:30; 10:38; Rom 8:11; I Cor 12:9; Gal 3:13-14; Is 5:13-16; I Pet 2:24) .
* * * * * * *
- We believe that resurrection is past, present and future. Our soul was resurrected and passed unto life when we were born from above and translated into his kingdom. Our soul is being transformed, our minds renewed, from glory to glory by the spirit of the Lord; our mortal bodies are to be made alive by the same spirit that raised Jesus from the dead. Ultimately, there will be a resurrection in which he shall change these vile bodies and fashion them like unto his glorious body, not all will sleep, or die; there will be a people or generation, like Enoch and Elijah, who experience the out-resurrection, a spiritual and moral resurrection while yet in the body. (This is what some within the Christian church is calling the rapture. This subject matter of the teaching of the rapture of the church I deal with in #22 below. (Job 14:14; Ps 16:10; 17:15; John 5:24; 11:25; Rom 8:11, 23; 12:1-2; I Cor 15; II Cor 3:18; 5:6-10; Col 1:9-13; Phil 3:11, 21; Rev 20) .
* * * * * * *
- We believe that God’s judgments are past, present and future. Our sins were judged in Christ; it was appointed unto man once to die, and Jesus met that appointment. Presently we are to stand in his presence and learn how to righteously judge ourselves and others. Thirdly, we shall be judged, for every man will give an account of himself; in that day, the judge of all the earth shall do right, for his judgments are unto victory. In time to come, the church will execute and administer the judgment which He is when we judge the world and angels. (Gen 18:25; Eccl 12:14; Matt 5:13-16; 12:20; John 5:22; Acts 17:31; Rom 2:16; 14:10-12; I Cor 6:1-3; II Cor 5:10; II Thess 2:7-10; Heb 9:27; 12:23; Rev 20:12).
* * * * * * *
- We believe the church to be the seed of Abraham, God’s holy nation and chosen generation, the true circumcision, the heavenly Jerusalem, the Israel of God. The Jew is you! Like Jesus, we are the seed of the woman, the seed of Abraham and the seed of David; as such, we are heirs together of the grace of life, sharing his pain, his promise and his power. The Apostle Paul described the true Jew to be all who have put on Jesus as their Messiah / Lord and King. (Rom 2:28-29; 9:6-8; 15:8 with Acts 3:13; then Gal 3:7-9, 13-19, 29; 4:21-31; 6:16; Matt 21:42-43 with I Pet 2:9-10; Phil 3:3; Heb 12:22-24; then Gen 3:15; Matt 1:1; Rom 8:16-17; I Pet 3:7; I John 4:17) .
* * * * * * *
- We believe that the Father has given the earth to the children of men. The earth is the Lord’s; it belongs to Jesus and his church, not the devil. The meek shall inherit the earth. As kings and priests, we shall reign on the earth. Heaven is the realm of God, and God is omnipresent spirit; heaven is nearer than men think. Therefore, we believe in the coming of the Lord, not the going of the saints; in the appearing of the Lord, not the disappearing of the saints. Throughout the scriptures, God comes to dwell with man. Jesus is coming now (in spirit) to be glorified “in” the saints; he will come (literally) “with” the saints once his enemies are made his footstool, once we have come to the unity disclosed in John 17 and Ephesians 4, and once he has restored all things spoken by all his holy prophets since the world began (Acts 3:21-21). His coming is not “any minute” but “until” (a word denoting time) – no man knows that day or hour. The Holy Scriptures defines this time as the second resurrection (I Cor 15:23-24). (Gen 28:10-17; Ps 24:1; 37:3, 9, 11, 22, 29, 34; 110:1-6; 115:16; Matt 5:5; 6:10; 24:36; John 1:51; 3:13; Acts 3:18-24; Eph 4:13; I Thess 4:13-18; II Thess 1:6-10; Heb 10:12-13; James 5:7; Rev 1:6; 5:10; 21:1-11).
* * * * * * *
- Generational Blessing
* * * * * * *
- The City of God
* * * * * * *
- Tabernacle of MosesThe Tabernacle of Moses, along with The Tabernacle of David and Solomon’s Temple, is among the master patterns for all Bible revelation and the doorway to present-truth (present truth may be defined as individual stages in the process of progressive revelation). Within this tabernacle, the Outer Court, the Holy Place and the Most Holy Place symbolically reveal the levels of maturity that are experienced by believers.We believe the Holy Scripture reveals God’s redemptive plan in restoring mankind is seen within three dimensions, showing the progress that His believers make from the new birth through to perfections (unity with God, spiritual maturity, completing the course to which God calls each of us to).Progressive revelation is revealed in three “dimensions,” or stages, throughout the Scripture:
Prov 22:20 (KJV)
- The First Dimension (The Outer Court) is like the planting of a SEED.
- The Second Dimension (The Holy Place) is like the PROCESS of growth.
- The Third Dimension (The Most Holy Place) is like the HARVEST or fulfillment of the first two dimensions.
20 Have not I written to thee excellent things in counsels and knowledge, that I might make thee know the certainity of the words of truth: that thou mightest answer the words of truth to them that send unto thee.
Prov 22:20 (Young’s Literal Translation)
20 Have I not written to thee three times…
Hebrew Word Study
The Hebrew word for excellent – is shalosh (Strong’s Concordance #7991, Theological Word Study of the Old Testament (TWOT) #2403). English word translations – three, third, triple, third rank, three-fold measure.
This Hebrew word, shalosh, reveals to us that the old English word ‘excellent’ literally means three-fold things, thusly showing us that to have ‘excellent’ things or a complete understand in areas of counsels and knowledge is to have them reveal in three-fold dimensions. For example if one is wanting to understand the old Tabernacle of Moses pattern then they would need to study all three realms (the outer court, the Holy Place and the Most Holy Place).
See the Chart at the end of page.Ex. 25:8; 25:40 (KJV)
8 And let them make me a sanctuary; that I may dwell among them.
40 And look that thou make [them] after their pattern, which was shewed thee in the mount.
I Cor. 10:11 (KJV)
11 Now all these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.
Heb. 8:1-8 (KJV)
1 Now of the things which we have spoken [this is] the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;
2 A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.
3 For every high priest is ordained to offer gifts and sacrifices: wherefore [it is] of necessity that this man have somewhat also to offer.
4 For if he were on earth, he should not be a priest, seeing that there are priests that offer gifts according to the law:
5 Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, [that] thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.
6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.
7 For if that first [covenant] had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
There are Three Realms of Christian believers
- Rev 21:24 – Speaks to us of the First Realm of Christian believers:
These are those who fellowship with Jesus at the Brazen Alter and at the Laver of baptism . . . these are blood covenant believers.
- Rev 21:9-21 – Speaks to us the Second Realm of Christian believers:
These are those who fellowship with Jesus within the First Fruits of His Holy Spirit baptism and assembleship within His Bride – The City of God – Rev 21:9-10.
- Rev 22:3-5 – Speaks to us of the Third Realm of Christian believers:
These are those who fellowship with Jesus within the fullness of His eternal purpose within the adoption of sons having His name written in their foreheads and serve Him within His throne.
The following is a chart concerning the Three Realms of Christian believers:
The Outer Court
The Holy Place
The Most Holy Place
Jesus (the Savior)
Christ (the Anointing)
The Lord (the Father)
Jesus the Babe
Jesus the Youth
Jesus the Man
|Little Children||Young Men||Fathers|
|New Birth||Holy Ghost Baptism||Maturity|
Baptism in Water
Baptism in the Spirit
Baptism in Fire
Born of the Spirit
First Fruits of the Spirit
Fullness of the Spirit
Spirit Has Been Given
Soul is Being Saved
Body Shall Be Saved
|Born an Heir||Earnest of the Inheritance||Full Possession|
|First Heaven||Second Heaven||Third Heaven|
|Natural Light||Artificial Light||Divine Light|
|Divine Healing||Divine Health||Divine Life|
|Out of Egypt||Through the Wilderness||Into the Land|
|Feast of Passover||Feast of Pentecost||Feast of Tabernacles|
|Brass Vessels||Silver Vessels||Gold Vessels|
|David – First Anointing||David – Second Anointing||David – Third Anointing|
Resurrection / Ascension
|Multitudes of Disciples||Nine Disciples||Peter, James & John|
|Mount of Transfiguration||Mount of Olivet||Mount of Ascension|
|Foolish Virgins||Wise Virgins||The Watchman|
|Remnant of Her Seed||Son Clothe Woman||Man Child|
- I Jn 2:12-14 (KJV)
12 I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name’s sake.
13 I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him [that is] from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father.
14 I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him [that is] from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.
- Eph. 4:8-16 (KJV)
8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.
9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?
10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things. )
11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
14 That we [henceforth] be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, [and] cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, [even] Christ:
16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.
- Deut 16:16 (KJV)
16 Three times in a year shall all thy males appear before the LORD thy God in the place which he shall choose; in the feast of unleavened bread – (feast of Passover), and in the feast of weeks – (feast of Pentecost), and in the feast of tabernacles: and they shall not appear before the LORD empty:
- Personal Note: This verse of scripture that reveals the hermeneutical truth of interpretating the purposes of God within the three dimension of Holy Scripture is the number one key to understanding the whole of God’s revealed Word.
Once you come to understanding the third dimension of God’s revelation in Holy Scripture the deeper truths of God’s Holy Word will become the norm within your walk with God.
Once received then your second great key will be to make sure that your foundations are laid properly so that you can stay balanced within your revelation.
Please remember that with great revelation comes the great responsibility which is your third key (to teach the truth in love).
Beware you will be asked of God on man’s final day to give an accounting ~~
- Prov 22:20-21 (Hebrew Interlinear Bible)
20 Have I not written to you the third time with counsels and knowledge,
21 to cause you to know the varity of the words of truth to return words of truth to those who send you.
* * * * * * *
- Origin of Dispensationalism / Rapture Theory* * * * * * *
- Christologically – (the doctrine of Christ’s person and ministry) We believe that Jesus Christ was manifested to do the following:
- To reveal the father to fallen humanity. (John 14:9-10).
- To dismantle – destroy the headship (Satan) of the kingdom of darkness. (Matt 12:24-30; John 12:31; Heb 2:14; I John 3:8).
- To establish and lay the foundation of his (Jesus) present reign and kingdom. (II Sam 7; I Chron 15-17; Ps 2:6-7; 132:11-18; Acts 2:30-36; 13:32-33; Rom 1:1-6; 15:8).
* * * * * * *
- Ecclesiologically – (the doctrine of church order)
- We believe that the church is to be governed by Jesus Christ through his ascension gift ministries of Teacher/Bishop, apostle, prophet, evangelists, pastors, – to perfect and equip the saints for their special individual callings and eternal purpose within God’s Kingdom. (Eph 4:8-16).
- We believe that to be a part of that ongoing ministry one must experience covenantal community by doing the following:
- Find repentance through the blood atonement of Jesus Christ. (Luke 24:47).
- Submit to water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ as a sign of their total devotion to his governmental rule over their lives (baptism in water in the name of Jesus Christ baptizes us into the church and not into Christ – receiving the Holy Spirit baptizes us into Christ). (Matt 28:18-20; Acts 2:37-39; Rom 6:1-11).
- To be baptized in the Holy Spirit – due to their continued ongoing worship of the will of God within their lives. (Acts 2:39-41; 5:32; 8:14-17).
- To be added to the local church – finding their unique position of service and ministry. (I Cor 12:18; Col 2:19; Eph 4:14-16).
- Submitting themselves to the ordinances of the New Testament apostolic order. (Acts 2:42-47; 4:31-35).
- We believe that the church of Jesus Christ is the visible instrument though which the kingdom of God is seen and expressed as in a present reality made up of Jewish and gentile believers. (Eph 2:11-22; 3:3-11; Gal 3:13-19; 3:26-29).
- We believe the church is the holy nation of God – the only seed of promise to Abraham and the heir of the seed of David – we are his elect race, his royal priesthood – we are his kingdom purpose. (Rom 2:28-29; 4:13-16; 7:11; 9:4-8; 15:8; 1 Pet 2:5-11).
- We believe that the kingdoms of this world are becoming the kingdoms of our Lord (Jesus) and his Christ (the church) through the proclamation of the gospel of Jesus Christ as seen through his death – burial – resurrection – ascension and not by any military or political upheavals or revolts. (Ps 2; Micah 1:1-4; Matt 28:18-20).
- We believe that the ecclesiastical – New Testament church is governed by elders as a set senior ministry who being the visionary for the purpose and will of God for that local body of believers and that the church is under a theocracy form of church government and not any democratic style of rule. (Acts 2:42-47; 4:31-35; 5:2; 6:6; 15:6,24; Heb 13:17).
* * * * * * *
- Eschatologically – (the study of last things)
- We believe that the whole new covenant through the death, burial, resurrection and ascension are eschatological (Jesus Christ is our eschaton). (Heb 1:2-3).
- We believe that when the Father manifested himself into Jesus unto the world, He did not come to establish a renewed Jewish or national Israeli kingdom (Matt 3:1-17; 21:42-45; 22:1-14; Eph 3:1-11) instead he came to establish his own kingdom called the Kingdom of God. (Luke 4:15-30; 22:29; Acts 13:30-34; Rom 14:17; Eph 2:11-22).
- We believe that all races of men must come to God in the same way through repentance of their sins by the blood atonement of Jesus Christ and sanctification through the Holy Spirit. We are not anti-Semitic; however, we are pro-Jesus.
- We believe that Jesus did not fail in his commanded purpose from his Father and the Kingdom of God was not postponed until the second coming of his bodily return back to earth.The great hope of the church and the world is not Jesus’ second coming rather the great hope of the church and God’s kingdom was the first coming of Jesus when he destroyed the work of the devil by ending sins deathblow upon humanity and establishing his kingdom through the resurrection and ascension unto God’s – David’s throne that is seated far above all principalities and powers in the heavenly sanctuary. (Ps 132:11, Eph 2:1-10; Heb 2:14-18; Col 1:12-22; 2:15).
- The church is not the parentheses (something added until the real comes within God’s eternal purpose) rather the law and the covenant made to natural/national Israel was the parenthesis. (Gal 3:15) until the Christ was to come.
- We believe that the Second Coming of Jesus Christ is to be a literal return back into the realm of the earth (at the end of human history). (1 Thess 4:13-18).Ephesians 4:11-14 – the church comes unto the unity of the faith, unto a perfect man in Christ to the measure of the stature of the fullness (completeness) in Christ.Hebrews 1:13; 10:13; Psalms 110:1 – all of the enemies of Jesus Christ are put under his feet (which represents his body upon the earth – the Church)How many churches, peoples and individuals do you now know who have come into the completeness of the image of Jesus? If your answer is not at least a remnant of Christ’s body in the earth then these verses are not fulfilled and Jesus can’t come back literally out of the realm of the invisible heaven into the visible realm of earth until there is a natural, physical reality in the earth realm.
This is God’s vision, He has sown it’s seed into the earth for 7,000 years. Nobody’s – desire to try to infiltrate and cancel or to alter God’s plan will every succeed.
The false – religious systems and their many false apostles and false prophets with all their doctrines of escapism cannot, nor will they ever be able to overcome God’s eternal Word.
- “Now, do you really think Jesus is ready to come? More than that, are you ready for him to come?”
- “for your own satisfaction, what are some enemies that you still see not under the churches dominion in Christ?”.
- John 15:17-21 – Jesus prayed the Father not to take his church out of the world but that the world would be convicted of their sin by beholding the oneness of Christ’s body.
- It is not at any minute, but rather it is not until (until is a word denoting a particular time):
- We believe in the view known as covenantal reformation theology verses that of pre-millennial Dispensational theology.
- What we mean by Dispensational theology is that the covenant of promises of God made unto our forefathers are fulfilled in natural/national Israel – and are thusly in need for another natural fulfillment, that Jesus has already fulfilled in his first coming (whenever the New Testament scriptures says – and it is written that it might be fulfilled by the prophet – that is the fulfillment of that scripture and has no need of any further fulfillment).
- By covenantal reformation theology we understand that the covenants – promises – made unto Abraham, the patriarchs and the prophets were fulfilled in Jesus Christ – in his death, burial, resurrection and ascension. (Acts 2:29-31; 13:32-33; Rom 4:13-16; Gal 3:15-19).
- Covenantal reformation theologians see the gradual return to biblical norms of civil justice and economic society as the consequence of the widespread success of the gospel through preaching, evangelism, missions, and Christian education, and not by any form of political or religious dominion takeover .
- Our interpreting view of eschatology and the Book of Revelation is that of the partial preterist and see the prophecies of the Book of Revelation and that of the Olivet discourse (Matt 24; Mark 13; Luke 21) as having their fulfillment in the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 A.D.
- Some present-day kingdom-based ministries also center their teachings on theories of universalism. GloryGate Ministries / Kingdom Messengers Institute focuses upon the present-kingdom reign of Messiah Jesus, while leaving the ages to come (time after the Second Resurrection) to those who find the liberty to do so.
- Our present-day biblical-world view is — no 3 of this section shows that our interpreting view of the book of Revelation and that of the Olivet Discourse — is similar to that of the partial preterist.
It is my belief and teaching that the Olivet Discourse (Matt 24, Mark 13, Luke 21) and the book of Revelation chapters 1-18 — has been fulfilled. Chapters 19-22 of Revelation is currently being fulfilled.
With this in mind — I also believe that GOD is not though dealing with the nations of this world (this includes the USA). This is all part of the teaching of Revelation 19 & 20.
Because the USA is now — the first-fruits nation of the new reconstructed Israel of GOD — since 70 AD (for more understanding of this teaching, read no. 16). Then I also believe that GOD will continue as in Israel’s past to also deal with her future…
This is not spiritual Israel teaching — but part of the original reconstructed Israel made-up of Jewish and Gentile believers. After the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD — when the true believers left the city of Jerusalem as JESUS foretold them to do — routed through Petra — on their way to Asia Minor / modern-day Turkey — where the 7 Churches of Revelation were — there they settled with the escaped saints of the Great Tribulation — and as time proceeded the Jewish and Gentile believers inter-mingled together in marriage and the new-reconstructed Church of JESUS CHRIST — made-up of Jewish and Gentile believers — was born — and all of the (now) Church of JESUS CHRIST — started from this point in history.Thusly, it is not time to hide or run from the already completely defeated devil – rather it is time to awaken creation out of her sleep and declare to her that Christ has indeed ascended back unto the Father.
- With this historical knowledge in mind those who are teaching the rapture theory — should take another look at what they are teaching….. since the whole teaching is to do with the Jewish nation what has already been done to them in – 70 AD. And remembering that the Jewish nation of unbelievers who don’t know JESUS as saviour and the Jewish believers in Christ — who are part of CHRIST’S CHURCH — are not the same…. DO YOU REALLY SEE OUR GOD AS JUDGING THE JEWISH NATION OF ISRAEL — WITH DOUBLE JEOPARDY. Those who teach this view make out GOD to be a MASOCHIST.
Unless the USA and her governing bodies — (the White House – all sections) and (the ascension-gift ministries of CHRIST’S CHURCH) repents and gets right with God, changes their SECULAR POLICIES – TO BIBLICAL ONES – then I also KNOW that our days of LASCIVIOUSNESS LIVING are counting down to — another great tribulation…
This is not duel-interpretive view that I am teaching with this statement.
It is my personal view — that since liberal voters — mostly nominal-Christian church goers — vote their soulish realms — in the place of biblical truth — then GOD has NOW — given the USA – limited – time for her self-recovery.
If the USA — becomes the footstool of the Orient — then the CHURCH here in America just — might repent and start again back to obeying — THE GREAT COMMISSION…
* * * * * * *
Let me give us all the Word of the Lord: “Follow God’s Son (which is the Word of God). Man’s religious systems will all fall and come to nothing this side of eternity. Only God’s Word will never come to an end, it abideth within the eternities. Religious systems of men can never bring you to your realm of fullness, only Jesus can do that (which is the Word of God made flesh – in Jesus and in you).”
During my moment in time when God was bringing me into salvation repentance He spend three days doing so. On my first night of repentance the first message that I ever heard preached was from I Kings 18:21:
And Elijah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions? if the LORD be God, follow him: but if Baal, then follow him. And the people answered him not a word.
This message was preached by the man of GOD – Kenneth Simmons.
Since that moment in time, Thursday night at 8:40, May 13, 1970 I haven’t stopped declaring that message. Two days later, Saturday afternoon at 12:40, May 15, 1970, my initial salvation repentance was completed.
How long church will you continue to follow all the false prophets of the Jezebelic religious systems.
If God be God, then follow Jesus.
Please remember truth is a highway but it is not your destination. Jesus is our destination.